You know you're an engineer if - One Liners

This post is specially for the engineer geeks and nerds among us, who can see the humorous side of the people who call themselves engineers.
Let us share our thoughts in one-line, you know you're an engineer if...
^ Begin the line with those words and write your own line.

Here are some old ones -

Your know you're an engineer if... you have no life and can prove it mathematically.
OR.
Your know you're an engineer if... you know vector calculus but you can't remember how to do long division.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    You know that you are an engineer... When you start tightening the loose screw on the chair as you sit facing the interview committee.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    1. You know that you are an Electronics 'crack' engineer...if you're thinking of P and N Junction while doing your thing! πŸ˜–
    2. You know that you are a Chemical 'burp' Engineer...if you stink of organic gases!
    3. You know that you are a Biotech 'foren-sick' Engineer...if you can poke your nose with your fingers and later decipher the bacteria present in it!
    4. You know that you are a Computer 'savvy' Engineer...if you can sit all night and program in some crazy language know only to computers!
    5. You know that you are a Mechanical 'weird' engineer...if you can spend the entire day with grease all over your hands and dirt on your back!
    6. You know you are a Crazy Engineer if...well isn't it obvious - you read this entire post hoping to find something crazy!!!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    You know you're an Engineer when you can solve the most difficult questions on Differential Calculus, but don't know what date it is πŸ˜”

Every time , in exams it happens with me. Always, asking what date it is.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    From my 1st year of engineering, I can recall one particular line that I have heard on several occasions from different people and that was (on similar lines to the thread title)-

"You are not an engineer if you don't get a KT (abbreviation for 'keep terms' in Mumbai University)"

Not a statement I would like to endorse though πŸ˜›

Just came to my mind, so shared it πŸ˜€
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    U know that u are an engineer if --- u start the study on the night before exam 😁
    if---ur parents expect u to repair every household appliance😁
    if---u could speak on a topic continuously, without having a slightest idea about, what the topic really is !! 😁😁
    Engineers Rock!😁
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    You know that you are an engineer, if you can find effective solutions for a Problem
  • Aadit Kapoor
    Aadit Kapoor
    You know that you are an engineer if you devote your whole mind into the work you do like if you are a computer engineer then you give 100% to computers.You are an engineer when you love the work you do and give your best!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great replies, folks!
    Here's one my friend told me -
    You know you're an engineer if ... your wife adds "...and give me the short version" to the end of any question about how something works!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If your IT company does not assign you a project, you will be on-bench. This can be very risk for your career. Updated advice on how to deal with this situation.
Firefox OS, uBuntu mobile OS, Nokia's Jolla, Samsung's Tizen and the next version of the established operating systems like iOS, Android and Windows - which do you think is the...
This thread is created out of curiosity. The question is whom will you vote in General elections next year. Just mention the name of party (without any negative comment for...
Hi, Is there any way to redirect localhost to always redirect to 127.0.0.1 when i type localhost ?? OS: Windows 8 32bit Test Server: WAMP Purpose: Testing Magento. and Admin...
Sachin Tendulkar will become the first sportsman to get India's highest civilian award - Bharat Ratna. I personally do not follow cricket and have always treated every sport equally. I...