Yamaha FZ16 reviews & discussions

CEans,

Has anyone among us had a chance to try out Yamaha FZ16? If yes, could you please post a review (covering all the technical/non-technical) aspects of the motorcycle?

Replies

• praharsomanna
    praharsomanna
    I have a serious mileage problem with my fz16. the mileage is 25!! consulting several authorised yamaha showrooms didnt help.got a mileage test done ,and the result was 40 mileage. But on road it remained the same.can there be something wrong with the tank??I had left the bike unused for first 6 months.could this hav led to some problem?can the tank rust and fuel deteriorate?
  • kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    may be the problem is due to the unused duration, because if you are leaving your vehicle unused for such a long time, you must empty its fuel tank upto dryness and remove the battery connection from the circuitry of the vehicle. Although many of my friends are owning this ultimate machine, first of its kind in indian market, and the feedback is not that bad,. the mileage about 45 and the light weighted chasis & aerodynamic desing of the bike makes it a monster, when compared to others of its class..
    Thank you..
  • praharsomanna
    praharsomanna
    thank you so much for your reply.do you have any idea how to get it rite??
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    its look is nice..but it is not for the guys who are leaner and of short height...

[​IMG]
  • kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    yeah! sure, You have to explain all those things to the servicing engineer in next service of ur machine, tell him that you had not use this for months with having fuel in the takh and also tell him to check the circuitery, as U also had not disconnected the battery.
    thank you bro!!
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    My brother recently bought FZ-S, thats a upgrade version of FZ-16(there is just the difference of color shades, fz-s comes in multicolor). when he bought, they said that it will give a mileage of 45, but then it was giving about 30. But now (thats 5 months after buying it ) its giving a mileage of 40-45, so its take time to reach the company standards. Moreover it depends on your average speed of driving & load.
    The looks are great, I don't think there is any other bike around that price which is more appealing than fz-s.
  • kumar_nitin
    kumar_nitin
    Mr.vik, there is another hugely noticeable difference between the two machines (FZ16 and FZ-s)
    the visor over the headlight and meter unit..
    and yes, you are right, all bikes have the same thing common in them,
    their mileage goes higher after around 2-3 months and totally depends upon your riding style, load and of course, speed..
  • gohm
    gohm
    No clue sorry, only sold in India. Are you thinking of getting one? Personally I'm not a fan of the streetfighter look, though I know it is popular. Over here it would be a good option for a learner bike or an alternate to scooters. It would be better if they had a disc out back and liquid cooled. Though hopefully going without those two items has resulted in lower cost?
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    kumar_nitin
    Mr.vik, there is another hugely noticeable difference between the two machines (FZ16 and FZ-s)
    the visor over the headlight and meter unit..
    and yes, you are right, all bikes have the same thing common in them,
    their mileage goes higher after around 2-3 months and totally depends upon your riding style, load and of course, speed..
    I haven't experienced fz-16 yet, from exterior point of view they look the same.
  • prakashbuxar
    prakashbuxar
    i am looking for a good service centre in pune. all the #-Link-Snipped-# are not replacing my fz rim. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • prakashbuxar
    prakashbuxar
    can you say me which is the best yamaha service centre in pune guys please help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm on Windows and wondering what is the basic hardware requirement of c++? Can it run on any hardware? Is there any minimum RAM/Processor requirement?
dear friends... i have an idea of doing a project on gasoline direct injection.I mean that i m going to construct a single cylinder 100 cc GDi engine, electronically controlled....is...
hey CE ans anybody can tell me whether the magnetic moulding tech has been implemented or not?if s when and where?is that efficient than conventional
can any1 tell about the lazer power supply... i would lik to go for it as ma poject.... wat u say????????
A big hii to all Crazy Engineers community....