CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 13, 2007

I don't think it has got anything to do with the proxy server port. Which version of Yahoo Messenger are you using?

-The Big K-
    ps:
    Moving the thread to CE - IT Help section
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJul 20, 2007

Well, I dont think you can call through port 80, cause its an HTTP proxy if im not mistaken. You need dedicated ports for those, which are UDP 5000-5010 and TCP 5000-5001.

If you are using a company's internet access, try asking the network admin to open those ports (including TCP 5050 for the Messenger program).

Good luck!
    Cancel
  • LORD_EC

MemberJul 20, 2007

smjadhav
    Yahoo messenger "Call" button is disabled. How to enable it? My Internet connection is through proxy server port 80
    You need to run Call Assitant Setup for that.It has to be run initially so that computer can adjust volume control/sound control for your headphone and mic.
    Try this and then post.

@Ash
    U mentioned range for TCP/IP ports as 5000-5001.That means only two ports.I think you are wrong.I dont remember the exact number of ports alloted to TCP but i am very much sure that you must be missing some details.
    Please correct me if i am wrong.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJul 20, 2007

Ah.. normally Yahoo! Messenger's voice calls would use TCP ports 5000 & 5001. To chat normally (ie sending the instant messages), you'd normally use TCP port 5050, but in smjadhav's case, his Y! messenger is connected through a proxy at port 80. If you want to use the webcam, then you also need to open TCP 5100. Of course, don't forget the UDP ports mentioned.

I think that's those are the only TCP ports needed for Y! Messenger to connect properly! 😛 Hope that clears up some confusion, Lord_EC.
    Cancel
  • LORD_EC

MemberJul 21, 2007

@Ash
    Yeah right.Now its fine.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register