Yahoo loses Josh Jacobs & Patrick Barry

Yahoo's CEO Carol Bartz ain't so happy today for sure. Yahoo is losing two of its top executives, Josh Jacobs [ Yahoo’s Vice President & GM Advertising Technology Platforms ] & Patrick Barry [ Vice President of Yahoo’s Connected TV Group ].

Following is Barry's email to his group -

Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:01:01 -0700
To: Connected Team
Cc: Tapan Bhat, XXX
Subject: Moving on

Connected TV Team,
After 5 great years here at Yahoo, it is time for me to move on to new projects and aspirations. I am tremendously proud of all we have accomplished together, from defining the world’s best user experience for interactive television, to shipping our technology platform on millions devices with some of the biggest brands in the industry. You have been an amazing team, and I will treasure the great times we have had working together to overcome challenges and make an impact for Yahoo. I remain a big believer in our vision for the future of television, and I would not be leaving now if I didn’t have faith in your ability to continue to achieve our goals and extend that vision.

Thank you for the hard work, passion and commitment over these several years. I will miss you all.

I will continue to be here through the end of the month to help make sure our plans and partnerships stay on track. Please join Tapan and I on Monday morning at 9:30 in Chutes so we can answer any questions you might have about my transition.
Patrick

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I need some help in designing a circuit diagram for my final year project. The project is based on reading braille characters and converting them to sound using...
I want to know about Voice Mail System. Tell me some important information abt that because I want to make a project on that.
Please help me in Asp. I want to put a menu bar in the form and context menu. What should I do? 😕
I'm a final year student in Electronics and Telecommunications. I'm confused about what project to select and how to go about it,I would appreciate some help!! 😕 Some of the...
I want to study Window Applications but couldn't find any good book for that. Tell about some nice books for Window Application.😁