Xolo Q500 & Idea Aurus 4: Android Jelly Bean Flavoured Handsets For Less Than Rs. 10K

In the weekend Xolo and Idea have unveiled smartphones which offer Android Jelly Bean experience at affordable rates. The Xolo Q500 and Idea Aurus 4 have been priced at Rs 7,999 and Rs. 8,999 respectively. So what features do you get in return for your money, let’s find out by taking a look at the handsets one by one. We shall start with the #-Link-Snipped-# which is a Dual SIM smartphone that runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with a help of a 1.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm MSM8225Q processor, Adreno 203 GPU and 1GB of RAM. The Q500 uses a One Glass Solution technology for its 4-inch display which has WVGA (480x800 pixels) resolution and has got a pixel density figure of 233 pixels per inch. As expected from any smartphone in this price segment the phone has got 4 GB of internal memory and uses microSD card slot for expanding memory to up to 32 GB. The Xolo Q500 has got a 5MP rear auto focus camera with single LED flash and a front VGA snapper. The phone’s 1450mAh battery is claimed to last up 322 hours on standby and offer 16 hours of talk time. One of the interesting features of this phone is its X-TransPic app which uses the camera to identify Hindi text and translates it into English.

Xolo Q500

Idea’s #-Link-Snipped-# smartphone is a grand expensive than the Xolo Q500 and for those extra bucks you get a bigger 4.5-inch TFT display with 480x854 pixel resolution and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean running on an unspecified 1.3 GHz dual core processor with 512 MB of RAM. The internal and external memory figures are same as the Xolo Q500. The Aurus 4 sports a 5MP rear and 0.3 MP front camera. The dual-SIM smartphone is powered by an 1800mAh battery and Idea claims that it would last for up to 400 hours on standby and will let you chat for 7.5 hours. Since the handset is being offered by the mobile service provider you get free data benefits and Idea TV subscription for first three months you own the smartphone. We would also like to inform you that Idea will be selling this smartphone only in its 3G markets so for availability information please refer to the #-Link-Snipped-#.

Idea Aurus 4

So which smartphone would you prefer, the Xolo Q500 or the Idea Aurus 4? Let us know in the comment section below.

News and Image Courtesy: NDTV #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to purachase a laptop for normal use. I have option either sony or hp .which brand is best for normal use.......?
Hi all, Starting today, I've started working full time at the CE Headquarters. (Yep, for the past one year I was only here part time.) I am declaring December 2013...
Hello, I want to get a broadband connection in Gananjay Society area of Kothrud in Pune. I have seen plans from many ISP's and talked to many people in area...
Hi, My name is vishal and I will be heading to B'lore for a winter internship in Aerospace Engg. Can anyone help me regarding pg accommodation from Dec 10 to...
MEGA, the app that was launched this summer on Android is now on iOS. The secure cloud storage service that the MEGA app provides comes as a follow-up after the...