XnRetro : Instagram-Like Application For Desktop.

Xnsoft's XnView Software · XnRetro (Desktop version) is the cross-platform Free-ware application available for Windows, Linux & even Mac OS X.This application is not an Opensource application.The license simply says that :
"You are granted the right to use and to make an unlimited number of copies of this software, But The software must not be modified, you may not decompile, disassemble."
It's very easy to use this application, just like Instagram. You can even Share the edited image with effects to few social networking websites like Picasa,Flickr,Facebook,Tumblr,Twitpic & few more.The option for share is available under File->Share.

There is also tool in right-side which lets you to increase/decrease various settings like brightness,contrast,saturation,noise,gamma,etc. (same like tools under 'colors' tab in GIMP, but with less features)

Features :
- 20 Retro Effects
- 15 Light Effects
- 5 Vignette Effects
- 28 border Frames

You can download this awesome application from official website : XnView Software · XnRetro (Desktop version)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[For Linux users] :
Once you download .tgz file, extract it in /home
You will find .desktop file which can be pushed to /usr/share/applications so that it can accessed from Application Dash, but I have found that it doesn't work properly.

So better create XnRetro.desktop manually :
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Xnretro
Exec=sh [Path_Where_Xnretro.sh_is_stored]
Icon=[Path_Where_Icon_is_Stored] (not mandatory)
Terminal=false
StartupNotify=true

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    useful app from Xnsoft.Can it really give a tough competition to the instagram?
    Is it available for android or ios
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    CSK AUTO
    useful app from Xnsoft.Can it really give a tough competition to the instagram?
    Is it available for android or ios
    Oh Yes, check this link : XnView Software · Android & iOS Applications
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Looks legendary software. Your Linux developers are already starting to make a mark on the software industry. I expect these people will soon launch a good replacement for Picasa also or Photoshop. Not sure if it is already available.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nayan Goenka
    I expect these people will soon launch a good replacement for Picasa also or Photoshop. Not sure if it is already available.
    GIMP is replacement to Photoshop.
    Unfortunately, people who are not up with latest development of GIMP compares it with MS Paint.

I mean, go & download for once, do you really compare GIMP with MS Paint ? LOL 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE's just got an upgrade and it brings cool new stuff on CE. I'm sure you will discover all these features one by one. But here are a few...
Mitsubishi Pajero has been the most successful model for Mitsubishi in India and Mitsubishi Launched their Sport edition of Pajero a year ago and the company has released its anniversary...
Porsche is ready to unveil its production version of 918 Spyder-Hybrid version of spyder in forthcoming Frankfurt Autoshow to be held at Germany from September 10 to September 22.Before Frankfurt...
Yes guys . its true and official report from karnataka.Its a toyota camry hybrid media drive today held at Karnataka and the company has stated that Toyota camry hybrid is...
Can anyone explain as to what does "concrete class B50" means?