xmla in data warehousing

hi guys,

i am new to data warehousing, i want to know what exactly is xmla in data warehousing? and from where can i learn more about it, i am looking for online tutorials and e book, please provide me the link.

i would really appreciate.
thanks

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Hi kyle Wel come to CE family....

XML for Analysis (XMLA) is a SOAP-based API. XMLA provides the most efficient way to access an OLAP database over the Internet. Hyperion, Microsoft and SAS first proposed the standard April of 2001. The standard’s organization is XMLA.org council. XMLA Consulting is a permanent XMLA.org council member.

Currently, Microsoft Analysis Services has the leading market share in the OLAP market. Report Portal is based on AJAX, the same technology used by Google Maps and Gmail. The AJAX approach provides zero-footprint platform with mimimum of page reloads. Essentially, Report Portal is an IE SOAP client that consumes the XMLA web service provided by Microsoft. This gives Report Portal a technological advantage over other simalar products ProClarity (classic asp based) and Panorama (applet based).

for online tutorials

XMLA | XML Analysis

StackPath
  • melina386
    melina386
    XML is a natural to deal with the collection of information from many sources that's needed by all data warehouses. XML can define the structure of the data being sent. In an ideal world the sending system would encode the data using XML. However, even if the data warehouse project must do the encoding, it still provides a single logical point to deal with any changes to the source.

Account Suspended
  • rodney.marsh
    rodney.marsh
    Hi, 😁

XMLA is XML for Analysis which can be considered as a standard for accessing data in OLAP, data mining or data sources on the internet. It is Simple Object Access Protocol. XMLA uses discover and Execute methods. Discover fetched information from the internet while Execute allows the applications to execute against the data sources.

For more info visit Amazon.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am B.Tech student 3rd year IT and looking for summer training for 6-8 weeks during the months of may to july 2010 in Bangalore. Please let me know...
Source: IBM Research | Ponder This | November 2009 challenges What is the minimal number, X, of yes/no questions needed to find the smallest (but more than 1*) divisor of...
Hi CEans.Please give new ideas on making electrical based projects.New ideas with creativity will make me much more happier as i want to do something new for my electrical project...
My friend asked me this question.! Do a java program runs without the main method? If NO, why? What is the need of main method there in the java program?...
as my system after entering password it will start after 10 to 15 min why it is so ???? please any one help me out in this problem😕😕