Xilinx CPLD, decoupling capacitors

Hi Everyone,
I am working on a small PCB with a Xilinx CPLD xc95288xl on it;
it will be a part of a switchboard matrix for an FPGA based multiprocessor which
I am working on as a hobbyist.
I would like to have your help on this problem:
should each Vccint and also Vccio pin have decoupling capacitors ?
Xilinx in his 'xapp112' application note says: decouple all device Vcc pins (maybe it refers only to Vccint pins ...)
Does any one have direct experience ? Thank you.

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I think you should use it on all. but before that please link to the Pdf file of the application note. Decoupling is used to decouple the sub-circuit AC signals (higher freq. than the required DC signal).

If you use the right cap value, it would not harm. Again, please post the application note.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This event claims to focus on MCU architectures, low-power design, RTOS, MCU development tools, hardware/software co-design and much more practical knowledge that design engineers can use today for tomorrow's designs...
Busting the dam of engineering indifference Busting the dam of engineering indifference | Opinion | The Engineer Bioramani
Apple devices found to store data on owners' movements Read more: Apple devices found to store data on owners' movements | News | The Engineer Bioramani ​
Sustainability is all about meeting current demand while preserving the conditions for long-term growth. Read more: Making more by using less | In-depth | The Engineer Read the sustainability supplement...
suppose a multiprocessor is built out of individual process of capable of sustaining 50 Mflops. what is the largest function of program execution time that could be devoted to sequential...