Xiaomi Redmi Note 3: Snapdragon 650, Fingerprint Sensor & 4050mAh Battery Starting At Rs. 9999

The Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi is back to win the heart of Indians with its new phablet, the Redmi Note 3. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was launched at a glittering ceremony at New Delhi yesterday afternoon. The device lies in the customer favourite ‘phablet’ category with its large screen. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 will be sold in two variants, 2GB RAM plus 16GB internal memory and 3GB RAM plus 32GB of internal memory at Rs. 9,999 and Rs. 11,999 respectively. To buy the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 you have to register on the Mi India website from today. You can also register on Amazon India and get the chance to buy one on the 9th March in a flash sale from 2pm onwards.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 2

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 features a large 5.5-inch IPS panel display with full HD resolution. The surprising thing here is that the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 lacks any protective glass coating such as Corning Gorilla Glass. The display features three different modes, reading mode, sunlight mode and night mode. On the rear of the smartphone we find a fingerprint sensor that employs chip level encryption and can unlock the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 in 0.3 seconds. The sandblasted metal exterior gives it a premium feel. Underneath the hood, we find a Snapdragon 650 SoC that houses a 1.8 GHz hexa-core set-up with two ARM Cortex A72 CPUs and four ARM Cortex A53 CPUs along with Adreno 510 GPU.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 1

In the photography department, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 does not disappoint with its two cameras. On the rear we have a 16MP camera with 5-element lens, f/2.0 aperture and two tone flash. On the front we have a 5MP camera with face detection and beautify feature. One of the key selling points of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is its humongous 4050mAh battery that can easily last for two days on average use. The only place where the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 loses points is its operating system MIUI 7 which its take on the slightly dated Android 5.1 (Lollipop). The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 features Bluetooth 4.1, dual band Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity. It also features sensors such as electronic compass, gravity sensor, light sensor, gyroscope, IR, hall sensor and a proximity sensor. You can also buy the Mi Protect plan for Rs. 375 that protects the phablet from accidental damage.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• tommytrant20
    tommytrant20
    4,000 batteries and price 9,999 is what I care about, like about this product
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Booked my redmi yesterday. will post my review after i get my hands on it
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Booked my redmi yesterday. will post my review after i get my hands on it
    Looking forward to it.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Got my MI Xiaomi Redmi note 3 2GRam and 16GB internal memory variant.

On looks:
    I Booked gold color for my choise and when i held my hands over it for the first time it was super awesome at instant.
    GOLD gives a rich elegant look towards it.Finish was pretty decent at this price resembling likes of samsung and apple in design.

Basic keys- You will get the touch keys at bottam as usual. volume and power button at top right of the phone. So only two practical keys. Earphone plug at top left and power charging port at right bottom.

Camera:
    16MP rear camera at back gives decent images for this price tag. When images were zoomed after it was taken,Images look little unclarity. Front selfie gives you good selfies .
    Pro's for CAM- Slow motion CAM and timelapse option. yes its a option you would get in Iphone 5S and above. I took some test videos and it was super awesome.

Speed: Hexacore processor gives you a pleasant feel while switching between apps while multitasking

MiUI update- After i got my phone it triggered for stable update 7.3.2 and it solved many issues . After the update you can take pics with fingerprint sensor,improved performance, and many bugs.

Issues unsolved- Mi drop and hotspot was automatically triggered and you can switch only any one to OFF.

Likes-
    Fingerprint sensor
    Slow motion and timelapse video option
    Mi drop
    Lite mode / child mode
    Hexacore processor
    FM radio with recording -works even without earphone
    Mi remote

Cons-
    Software wise Mi need to give a update to solve many small bugs and we need fixes for it.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    My brother got the phone. It certainly bang for the bucks for a gamer.
    Phone looks awesome 👍
    Battery life is more than a day on heavy uses👍👍
    Fingerprint scanner is fast and multi-function like take camera shot😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, Please I need a technical problem in Mechanical engineering field and effective technology that will help to solve the problem and how the technology works to solve the...
We all know this. We apply, apply and keep on applying. Send resumes in a black doom and waiting for those interview calls. I have been through this and I'm...
Brought up in several different cities across India, thanks to the transferrable job of his father who was in the Indian Army, Shubham Jha has always been a inquisitive person....
Project Abstract / Summary : I am going to introduce you a new kind of electric railway engine which reduces the fuel of cost. This kind of electric railway engine...
The Swedish venture Jays has finally launched its flagship u-JAYS headphone in the Indian market. The latest on-ear headpiece is the fifth addition to the list of q-JAYS, c-JAYS, j-JAYS...