Xiaomi Redmi 1S And Redmi Note India Launch Is The Next Big Surprise

If Xiaomi Mi3 smartphone's Xiaomi Mi3 | Price In India: Rs. 14999 | Pre-Order Starts : 15 July! has been successful in capturing your attention, this news is sure to be your next pleasant surprise. The company's facebook page 'MI India' has shared #-Link-Snipped-# that promises to bring a bundle of surprises at an announcement slated for July 15th. The image contains the pictures of smartphones that we believe are none other than that of the fast-getting-popular phones in Xiaomi portfolio - the Xiaomi Redmi 1S and Redmi Note. In anticipation of the upcoming launch, we decided to take a look at the features and tech specs of both the phone's that Xiaomi will be showing off pretty soon. Here's what they look like -

Starting with Xiaomi Redmi Note - We have a 5.5 inch screen phone with IPS display and 1280x720 pixel resolution and multi-touch. Powered by a 8-Core MTK 6592 1.4GHz processor, the phablet comes with a 3,200 mAh lithium-polymer battery, a 13MP rear facing camera and a 5MP front camera. The battery offers 14 hours of 3g use and 775 hours of standby time - which is pretty great. The Dual SIM phone as 1 WCDMA slot for 3G data and 1 GSM slot for 2G data.

Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-India

Available in 5 color options - Green, black, pink, dark and light blue, the looks of the phone are complemented with the Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) MIUI - the user interface that lets you customise your Android experience without confusion. On the memory front there's 1GB space (2GB enhanced) and 8GB internal memory. Other features such as a gyroscope, compass, Wi-Fi direct, accelerometer, proximity sensor, USB, Bluetooth 4.0 and 32 GB SD card slot are all in place too.
xiaomi-redmi-1s-smartphone-black

This Dual SIM phone comes with Android 4.3 OS and MIUI version 5. Packed with a 2000mAh lithium-ion battery that offers a standby time of about 2~3 days, the Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone comes with 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory expandable up to 32GB via microSD card. Connectivity options are - GPS , A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Wi-Fi hotspot.

That's all we know about the basic features of the two upcoming Xiaomi phones in India. If certain reports are to be believed, the phones may both be priced up to Rs. 10,000 in India or below it, which is just as good as it gets. Do let us know what are your thoughts on the new Xiaomi series of phones in India through comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I echo you,
    After impressive Xiaomi smartphone, tablet seems to be impressive as well. Also the price <10000 is a pleasant surprise as well.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    As predicted, the price of these phones is announced today.

The Xiaomi Redmi 1S Price in India = Rs. 6,999
    The Xiaomi Redmi Note Price in India = Rs. 9,999

What do the awesome people here have to say about that?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Still Brand Name effects. I am about to purchase one and this Redmi 1S can be good choice. Let's see !

What you say #-Link-Snipped-# on this? 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm totally convinced that under Rs. 15k; Xiaomi is 'the phone' you should buy!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    Still Brand Name effects. I am about to purchase one and this Redmi 1S can be good choice. Let's see !

What you say #-Link-Snipped-# on this? 😉
    Configuration is very impressive, Price too. MIUI OS ? Well, I will pass LOL!
    Plus devices like this never are supported by CM developers, an another reason why I won't purchase Xiaomi.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhishek Rawal
    Configuration is very impressive, Price too. MIUI OS ? Well, I will pass LOL!
    Plus devices like this never are supported by CM developers, an another reason why I won't purchase Xiaomi.
    MIUI is just User Interface I think.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    MIUI is just User Interface I think.
    It's a Custom ROM.
  • Dastan4eva
    Dastan4eva
    I've tried miui on my nexus once for a change, and it was OK for a first few days but afterwards i got sick of it and had to switch back. So unless miui gets better, xiaomi is not on my buying list. Having said that i don't think most people would care much about the firmware - the specs blows away all other Indian brands (mmx, xolo, karbonn... ) in the segment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Date of Job Fair - 18th July, 2014 At GGI Campus, GT Road, Ludhiana - Khanna Highway Interested Diploma Students are advised to carry minimum 3 copies of resume for...
Im a 2014 mechanical engineering graduate from VTU... I have an aggregate of 67% I'm at present lost in confusion, i have no idea what to do or where to...
In an event held in Delhi, HTC took the stage to unveil two new smartphones for the Indian market: One E8- a cheaper version of flagship One M8 and the...
For some reason I am unable to open these websites : https://adf.ly/gxlXD https://adf.ly/gxlXD https://ay.gy/gxlXD Please hit "Skip this Ad" On top right & download option will appear. If anyone can...
Hi Sir , I am a fresher just done with final year exams BE (automobile) . But i want to make my future career in IT sector.Most preferably as a...