Xiaomi Mi 5c Comes With Surge S1 Chipset, Full HD Display & 1499 Yuan Price Tag

While other smartphone companies have set their tents at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi is firmly grounded in its hometown and has launched a new smartphone called the Mi 5c that comes with the company’s homegrown Surge S1 chipset. As you might be aware Xiaomi had established a subsidiary called Pinecone for the purpose of producing chipsets for its smartphones reducing its reliance on third-party brands like Qualcomm and MediaTek. Before we talk about the Xiaomi Mi 5c let’s talk about Surge S1. The Surge S1 is based on 28nm HPC+ process instead of the new 16nm process. It has eight Cortex A53 processors, four run at 2.2GHz and the remaining four clock in at 1.4GHz. It has a Mali-480 MP4 GPU which is pretty average. If you want to compare it with recent chipsets then Engadget says that it’s similar to Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 or MediaTek’s Helio P20.

Xiaomi Mi 5c
Xiaomi Mi 5c 2 Xiaomi Mi 5c 3 Xiaomi Mi 5c 4 Xiaomi Mi 5c 5

Coming back to the Xiaomi Mi 5c, it sports a 5.15inch Full HD resolution display with 94.4-percent NTSC gamut, 550 nit brightness and 428ppi. The Xiaomi Mi 5c has 3GB of LPDDR3 Ram just like the Redmi 3S Prime. It comes with 64GB of internal memory and no option of expanding the storage with the help of microSD cards. We all know how Xiaomi famously hates unreliable microSD cards. The Xiaomi Mi 5c has a 12MP f/2.2 camera with PDAF and Night Eye technology on the rear and an 8MP camera on the front.

The Xiaomi Mi 5c is powered by a 2860mAh battery which is nearly half of the battery capacity of the Redmi Note 4. The Xiaomi Mi 5c supports 9V/2A quick charge which can replenish half of the battery charge in half an hour. The Xiaomi Mi 5c runs MIUI 8 which is Xiaomi’s flavour of Android Marshmallow. The Xiaomi Mi 5c has dual SIM support along with VoLTE support. The fingerprint sensor is now on the home button instead of being located underneath the rear camera. The Xiaomi Mi 5c will go on sale on March 3rd in China for 1499 Yuan which comes to around Rs. 14,565.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering if our fellow engineers have adopted the cloud yet? Have you began storing all your important files, photos and official documents in the cloud? Many of you might...
Meizu has unveiled its Super mCharge technology which claims to fully charge a smartphone in 20 minutes, at MWC 2017. Giving a tough fight to its competitors, the smartphone claims...
i am planning on creating an irrigation system that automatically flushes water from the reservoir to the rice field using ultrasonic sensor for measuring water level, can someone help me...
can someone help me in creating code for this the output of ultrasonic sensor converts to angle of the servo motor i've tried to create a sample for this can...
Zopo has introduced a novel smartphone device- Flash X Plus in India following the launch of Color F1 and Color F2 smartphones the previous year. The device features a 5.5-inch...