XHTML ! what is it?

hi all plse help me out here . Plse give me a lit bit info on XHTML,XML..and what is XXLT?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gaurav91
    hi all plse help me out here . Plse give me a lit bit info on XHTML,XML..and what is XXLT?
    I think the basic information on XHTML or XML can be obtained by searching on Google or by referring to related Wikipedia articles. Why not go through them and then ask questions about the parts that you find difficult to understand? That'd be a better way to understand XHTML and XML.
  • ashie
    ashie
    XHTML stands for EXtensible HyperText Markup Language,almost identical to HTML ,stricter and cleaner version of HTML

XML is a markup language where documents must be marked up correctly and "well-formed".

By combining the strengths of HTML and XML, XHTML was developed.

if u want sme more to learn than go 2 w3schools...dat is good site for learning
  • gaurav91
    gaurav91
    The_Big_K
    I think the basic information on XHTML or XML can be obtained by searching on Google or by referring to related Wikipedia articles. Why not go through them and then ask questions about the parts that you find difficult to understand? That'd be a better way to understand XHTML and XML.
    i tried to understand but it was bouncer , i think i have to examine hard it now ... well thankx for taking n a/c i was waiting for some1 to get it simpler for me 😀..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gaurav91
    i tried to understand but it was bouncer , i think i have to examine hard it now ... well thankx for taking n a/c i was waiting for some1 to get it simpler for me 😀..
    That's what I said - ask us the questions that you think are tough than asking for very generic help. 😀
  • gaurav91
    gaurav91
    ashie
    XHTML stands for EXtensible HyperText Markup Language,almost identical to HTML ,stricter and cleaner version of HTML

XML is a markup language where documents must be marked up correctly and "well-formed".

By combining the strengths of HTML and XML, XHTML was developed.

if u want sme more to learn than go 2 w3schools...dat is good site for learning
    well thankx for info do u know anything about XXLT..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gaurav91
    Nope, I went up to 4 pages in Google search results for "XXLT" and all I could find was shirt sizes. That's obviously not what you're looking for. So the best way to go ahead is to share the context or where exactly did you spot that term. It'll help us take this discussion forward.
  • gaurav91
    gaurav91
    The_Big_K
    Nope, I went up to 4 pages in Google search results for "XXLT" and all I could find was shirt sizes. That's obviously not what you're looking for. So the best way to go ahead is to share the context or where exactly did you spot that term. It'll help us take this discussion forward.
    i think its related to php i guess . one of the teacher gave in assignment i found all other topics but didn't got anything on this1(XXLT)
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Well, I too haven't heard about XXLT. Are u sure it was XXLT and not XSLT?
    since u r talking about web technologies it could be XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language)..😨
  • ashie
    ashie
    yes even i search alot abt xxlt...bt nt get any result...just check it out again dat iy is on xxlt or smthing else
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    gaurav91
    Do you mean XSLT?
  • gaurav91
    gaurav91
    sorry everybody to bother you all it was my mistake its XSLT i wanted to ask.. yesterday only i came to know that its XSLT n not XXLT n i had my net problem so i couldn't update it
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    You might be talking about xslt

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • DEVITA SHARMA
    DEVITA SHARMA
    HTML is being replaced by a new language, called XHTML. XHTML is in many ways similar to HTML, but is designed to work with the new eXtensible Markup Language, or XML, that will soon serve as the core language for designing all sorts of new Web applications, in which XHTML will be only one of many "languages."
    There a some rules of XHTML:
    1.all tags must be in lower case.
    2.every document or web page must have doc.type as first line.
    3.every element must be closed with end tab.
    4.name space is must.
    5.values of attributes must be enclosed using Quotation mark.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello every1 i am vishal pursuing my final year in field of electricals. I am actually in search of workshops and guest lectures that will benefit electrical students. Can any...
Hi friends.. I am working in a simulation project.. We have decided upon use of petri nets simulator.. My work is to develop a simulation of software process.. but have...
what is the difference between watt and wattage , volt and voltage?
Hiii... I am Sheshendra Guntamukkala completed my engineering in IT field from Nagpur University in 2011, now currently i am seeking for a good job..
Beginner for php.i installed it on my system.typed code in notepad.after that wat should i do to run php.