XBOX One Supports 8 Controllers. PlayStation Supports 4.

The console wars are on and the console makers are trying hard to woo the customers even before the launch. Microsoft has officially confirmed that XBOX One supports up to 8 controllers simultaneously. You will be able to sit as far as 30 ft away from the base station. Now 8 simultaneous players would be quite an interesting bet, provided the developers come up with ideas & games to make use of all the 8 controllers. Sony, which scored a home run at the time of 'unveiling' of the console, on the other hand has said that PS4 will support maximum 4 simultaneously controllers.

We wish to know what CEans think about the controller support offered by XBOX and PS4. Do you think support for 8 simultaneous controller gives XBOX a sharp edge over PS4?

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The console wars are on and the console makers are trying hard to woo the customers even before the launch. Microsoft has officially confirmed that XBOX One supports up to 8 controllers simultaneously. You will be able to sit as far as 30 ft away from the base station. Now 8 simultaneous players would be quite an interesting bet, provided the developers come up with ideas & games to make use of all the 8 controllers. Sony, which scored a home run at the time of 'unveiling' of the console, on the other hand has said that PS4 will support maximum 4 simultaneously controllers.

We wish to know what CEans think about the controller support offered by XBOX and PS4. Do you think support for 8 simultaneous controller gives XBOX a sharp edge over PS4?

8 simultaneous players !!

Shocking!!

This way everyone can party and enjoy !!

Now I just can't wait to get one, it would actually be damn fun playing the games and that too so much people simultaneously, but I'm afraid at the same moment that it can lead to chaos.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do you think support for 8 simultaneous controller gives XBOX a sharp edge over PS4?
    It won't.
    You require multiple controllers for games like Mortal Kombat or WWE. In those games you with another competitor can fight with each other. Imagine 8 players in the ring, surely a tag team match on WWE will get interesting but this is where it ends. In games like Forza and Modern Warfare, Plants Vs. Zombies [Garden Warefare] its implementation is not possible (Users require the whole screen to themselves). Indie developers are always coming up with interesting ideas but they won't be particularly interested in developing games that require multiple controllers. Imagine buying a game, with a system requirement of 5 or more controllers, even if they have single player modes they won't gain much popularity.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I think this feature of using multiple(8) joystick is suitable for only few games. WWE will be bloody fun, especially Royal-Rumble.

But for other Genres, I will be damned if I have to share my screen while playing games like BF3 & Ghosts.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    With game consoles, more the merrier. After all what's the point of playing on a 42 inch screen if the whole family can't participate!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Since most of us face problem often with different compilers like Turbo C3 and others, specially on a Windows Machine, I would like to tell you about the CODE...
In formula one we have many extraordinary technologies. Now look at this steering wheel. This has more than 35 buttons , dials , gauges , switches , levers and lights....
Some materials have the ability to change shape or size simply by adding a little bit of heat, or to change from a liquid to a solid almost instantly when...
Hi guys, hydrogen is naturally available or not. and how to identify hydrogen .......
The significance of aerodynamics can be seen primarily in the downforce. The search for greater downforce has become the driving factor behind entire Formula 1 teams. The shape of cars...