Would you please help me (Solving Diodes Problem)

What's up everyone
I am a fresh man studying Communication Engineering we had a problem in electronic class which is below it is about diode series and parallel configuration I did not find similar in Boylestad Book Solve it ASAP .
[​IMG]
Regards

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    Assuming that you know the difference between a forward biased diode and a reverse biased diode.

in order to solve such problems there are two approaches
    • ideal case
    • non-ideal case
    for ideal case analysis, see if the diode is forward biased or reverse biased. If it is forward biased, then replace it by a short wire; in the other case assume it to be an open circuit and proceed like any electrical circuit problem.

however in non-ideal case, replace the forward biased diodes with short wires and add a battery of value equal to the pinch off voltage(nearly 0.7 volts for germanium and 1.1 volts for silicon) in such a way that on moving in direction of current positive plate of the battery is incurred first. Reverse biased diodes are simply replaced by an open circuit.

it looks like non-ideal approach has to be followed

Do inform me if you get the correct results on solving the transformed circuit.
  • eng.hussein
    eng.hussein
    You are right bro it is a non-ideal case and we should determine the current by using Kirchoff voltage law for each loop but my major concerned is about the diodes when it will be converted to a voltage source and applying VKL are they will be summed with the regular Voltage source like any electrical circuit if they are in the same direction and subtracted if they are in opposite ?
    By the way I had my final exam couple days a go and I did well 👍
    Thanks respectfully
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    eng.hussein
    You are right bro it is a non-ideal case and we should determine the current by using Kirchoff voltage law for each loop but my major concerned is about the diodes when it will be converted to a voltage source and applying VKL are they will be summed with the regular Voltage source like any electrical circuit if they are in the same direction and subtracted if they are in opposite ?
    By the way I had my final exam couple days a go and I did well 👍
    Thanks respectfully
    but I did give you the way to connect the diode equivalent voltage sources; just use it to find out the solution

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

heyy!m samarth,people call me sam,i am a mechanical engineering student. I don't have verry much knowledge about the things but i am eager to get😀 I hope i get best...
Facebook may lift ban on under 13s and allow them to create profiles on Facebook as the company finds many kids are already using the service either with their parent's...
Now i preparing for my final year project and i want to know which PIC microcontroller suitable to use for home alarm security system. I plan to do the home...
Tested takes you inside Adam Savage's man cave where he keeps amazing movie props and collectibles, as well as works on his own projects. Today, Adam tells the story of...
Chibikart is a four-wheel drive ulta-compact go-kart with 100mm custom hub motor wheels. The frame is 34" long and 18" wide (870mm x 460mm). Charles Guan, a student and self-professed...