Would you like to receive notifications from the members you are following?

On CrazyEngineers, every member can follow other member. We believe we should add more usefulness to the feature. How do you like the idea of receiving a notification / alert when the member you are following? -
  • Starts a new discussion
  • Updates status message
  • Posts a reply
Of course, this means your account will show more alerts; but it will also keep you informed what the member you are following is up to in the CE Universe 😀 .

Please vote on the poll (and add your comment below) if you'd like this feature to be rolled out on CrazyEngineers.

Of course, you'll be able to control these settings for every individual member you are following.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Voted for 'No' because I don't want that feature.

Edit : Removed suggestion.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think that since this is a community and we need to interact more with each other to build the bonds. If you study most online communities, you will find that the members are all updated about the latest activity.

On Facebook, there's ticker and on CrazyEngineers there's
    #-Link-Snipped-#

But the feature stands mostly unused. If we are quickly informed about all the good stuff that people are doing on the community, they can spend more time exploring what's being done everywhere on the site.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    I (and I guess many of us) want colorful badge for different ranks & also achievements feature 😀
    Start a new suggestions thread in Cafe or Site Related Questions & Answers if you want new feature.
  • satyajit rules
    satyajit rules
    this is a good idea.. but one option should be there.. so that yours inbox shouldnot filled with the updates of the cean you are following..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    satyajit rules
    this is a good idea.. but one option should be there.. so that yours inbox shouldnot filled with the updates of the cean you are following..
    Right. We will provide an option to opt out of emails. In any case, we won't flood your inbox.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I voted yes, yep I need it!
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Notification for start of new thread is good but if one is discussing in debate section then number of alerts messages on the follower's page increases exponentially . that should not be the case..

Hope u understand my point.

P.S.: Is it possible to get notified section wise
  • lal
    lal
    Not at all. That would be an unwanted feature, I believe.

May be, improvise the 'New Posts' page by showing recent updates from the members one follows on top.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Why not make a check box option, and people who want to have that may check the box to get the feature and others who don't want might not check it.

This would ensure giving a "Good" feature who needs it, and removing "Bad" feature who doesn't !
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ^ @#-Link-Snipped-# That's how it is going to be implemented. Just like the current notifications. Users can opt out of all of them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Of course it's going to be a check-box option for every member you want to follow. You'll be able to control your alert options on per-member basis.

@#-Link-Snipped-# - We already have a feed, but it's very hidden - #-Link-Snipped-#

@#-Link-Snipped-# : You can 'Watch' any section on CE and get notified of new threads and/or new replies. Just click on the section that you want to follow; and look for the 'Watch Forum' link just above the list of discussion.
  • Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    Mrinmoy Swarnakar
    I think it should be done using following procedure
    when we click on follow option a notification should be generated asking if we would like to get updates of that person..
    In this way the person who needs updates will get updated and who wants clean notification box will get 1

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft has launched the new Windows Phone 8 called the Nokia Lumia Icon. Priced at $199, the phone will start selling in the U.S. from February 20. Available in black...
Hello, I'm making tutorials on XHTML and CSS Here is the first one ! 1) Overview and Downloading Text Editor In this tutorial we'll take an overview of different languages...
Second one ! 2) Understanding Basic Semantics of a web page In this tutorial we'll be first clearing out some basic points which often create confusion of HTML being a...
we know induction motor draws more current when powerfactor is less.. & vice versa. can u show how current ,power factor, frequency all are related through graph or by example?...
I am going to join CDAC at the end of this month and as i have never been to pune , i ask CEans to suggest me how and where...