Worlds leading chess program Rybka accused of plagarism

Rybka was one of the worlds strongest chess program, it was leading chess software and worlds best computer playing engine. It won numerous computer world championships and beat many top level grandmasters as well.

Recently in 2011, it was found that this program was copied from two opensource programs, and the author of Rybka didn't acknowledge their efforts.He was asked numerous times if rybka was derivative of some other program and he denied it all the time.

Now the official committee,The International Computer Games Association (ICGA) has taken a decision to ban this author and program from the tournaments and stripped Rybka from all the world championships,also asked to refund the prize money.

Vasik Rajlich, the main author of Rybka is a graduate from MIT.

The point is,its not only students who copy, rather professionals too.

As far as I can think, people would have respected both author and program if he acknowledged the opensources from where he benefited from them

This is a great lesson which lays unscripted rules for everyone.

1. Ideas are everything in this world.
  2. Write and think original as far as possible.
  3. Ask for permission from authors,use them only if the permission is granted from the authors.
  4. If you benefit from other sources,name them, even in case of "only ideas". It is called as collaboration.

--Sources--
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This site contains all academic projects including IEEE 2010 and 2011 projects for M. Tech, B. Tech, MBA, and MCA. We also offer guidance and training for the...
Hi Folks, I'm inspired by all the variety of Food that we eat each and everyday that now i'm thinking maybe there's a food engineering as well. In terms of...
How to install the SAP software version - [TABLE="class: cf hr"] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TD="class: hw"] [/TD] [TD]SAP ECC v6.0 SR3 IDES Oracle 10.2.0.2 in Windows 2003 Sever? [/TD] [/TR]...
Best Books For Theory Of Machines I have found some best books for Theory of Machines. One is Theory of Machines by Joseph Edward Shigley. Another one which focuses deeply...
Some of the books which I refer for this subject are Heat Transfer: A Practical Approach by Yunus Cengel Introduction to heat transfer by D. Butterworth