CrazyEngineers
  • "Good morning to every one of you people on Earth. I am robot astronaut Kirobo. I am the world's first talking robot astronaut. Nice to meet you," blabbers the world's first talking robot astronaut 'Kirobo', all alone aboard the International Space Station, as he awaits Japanese spaceman Koichi Wakata to give him company. The 34-centimeter measuring wide-eyed Android said in a message released by its project team- "Mr. Wakata, are you not here yet? I really want to see you soon."

kibo-iss-launch-date

This humanoid is a collaborative effort between the advertising firm Dentsu, the University of Tokyo, Toyota and robot developer Robo Garage.The 1kg-weighing robot is programmed to interact in Japanese and it keeps records of its conversations with Wakata, the first Japanese astronaut ever to command the International Space station. Kirobo departed Earth on a Cargo carrying rocket and touched ISS base on 10th August. Koichi Wakata, along with Russia's Mikhail Tyurin and NASA's Rick Mastracchio shall board the Soyuz-FG rocket set to launch from from Kazakhstan at 0414 GMT Thursday on a six-hour run to ISS.

Kirobo is an attempt to study in what way a non-human companion offers emotional support to the astronauts who stay isolated for long periods of time. "My dream is to see human beings and robots live together as friends. I will talk to you a lot from space so please listen to my chats, " says the robot.

Watch Kirobo speaking from space here:

Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Home Channels Search Login Register