Workshops on Aptitute Development - Are those really worth it?

Many colleges in my city are coming up with the workshops on aptitude development.

All that comprises of these workshops is:

1. General Aptitude Tests
  2. Personal Interview Training
  3. GD Training
  4. On Stage Extempore
  5. Seminars on things like: behavior and time management
  6. Cultural Events (i.e. essentially DJ and Dance) ๐Ÿ˜›
They charge a nominal amount and attract hundreds of students and claim that the workshop attenders are all ready and set to enter the corporate world.

But, do you think that all this training really helps an individual out there?

Does an interviewer really bothers so much about:
knocking the door or not sitting cross legged in GDs or soft skills? ๐Ÿ˜’

Well, I definitely don't think so.

What do you say?

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Well I think that it depends on the team that takes over the entire session

If the mentors are some of the well settled and experienced personalities. Then it can prove to be beneficial as then you tend to be more critically noticed and guided.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I don't think its so much for the interview etiquette. Its more to develop the self confidence of students when it comes to interviewing or even presenting. I know some who are nervous and shy, even though they are quite capable.

On the other hand of the spectrum, there are those who are quite arrogant and boastful.. characteristics that may not bode well with their prospective employers ๐Ÿ˜€

Though, I guess this particular workshop tries to balance work and pleasure with things like dancing and DJ'in, haha.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    As Ash said , It dont make students ready to be into corporate but it helps students to get confidence.

By attending GD's and aptitude tests one can find his weaknesses in the areas and can concentrate better in those fields.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anything under the name of 'Personality Development' is useless (in my humblest opinion ๐Ÿ˜ )
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Anything under the name of 'Personality Development' is useless (in my humblest opinion ๐Ÿ˜ )
    Of course, follow Biggie's model of personality, and the world will be a better place ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Does an interviewer really bothers so much about:
    knocking the door or not sitting cross legged in GDs or soft skills?
    I think all you have to do to get a job is to convince the Panel tha:
    either you need this job (badly)
    or explain in normal words how he/she is the perfect candidate for the position.

I hate the people behind workshops on personality development. They have left this unnecessary virus in society to fill their pockets. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • ramkumar.j
    ramkumar.j
    hi
    workshop is not very important. In most of the interviews, interviewers r not asking about workshop. because they know in most of the colleges they provided the certificate for workshop whether u have attended or not.so thats not important.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    AbraKadabra,
    They say practice makes perfect. The kind of aptitude tests that are out there are of that ilk. You keep on solving them, and sure enough ... you get better at cracking them.

But know one thing, that doesnt change your aptitude ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you the inventor of a brilliant idea? Are you a working professional who harbours the dream of starting his own venture someday? Are you a student who is not...
This post is meant for all our CEans who are currently in final year of engineering. Have you ever thought of turning your final year project into a business? Think...
CEans, who are appearing for CAT 2009, please head over to Important notice for Sunday 29th November 2009 and check out the latest announcement! The launch of the computerized CAT...
Lot of our members are students and this thread is meant to benefit all of them. This thread is for Final Year Electronics Viva questions. Please enlist all questions asked...
CEans, I'm thinking we should start threads for compiling all viva questions. I've just started a thread : https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...r-electronics-viva-questions-2009-thread.html I request all CEans to start threads in respective sections for...