CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@zaveri • 15 Jul, 2012
What is the working principle of jet pumps and submersible pumps ?

are submersible pumps just the water-resistant version of the centrifugal pumps ?
@CE Designer • 17 Jul, 2012 Submersible pumps are a type of centrifugal pump also called vertical turbine pumps. These are usually multistage pumps meaning they can have more than one impellers depending on the system head required. As the name suggests, these pumps are submerged in the medium, lake or sea, to pump water to the surface.
@zaveri • 18 Jul, 2012 how are the electrical components in the submersible pump, such as the motor, electric cables actually insulated (protected) from the water.
@Ramani Aswath • 18 Jul, 2012 https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27178479/PUMP BASICS.doc
All submersible pumps have seals compatible with the fluid being pumped and designed for a pressure at the operating depth with a generous factor of safety.
5k views

Related Posts

@slashfear · May 19, 2009

Hi CEans, I thought of putting this tutorial here in CE, so that it would be useful for other CEans!! Some of you out there would have never heard of...
31.6k views

@dayamayee · Jan 7, 2013

can you suggest some new technologies in ece to give technical seminar please?
5.2k views

@durga ch · Nov 18, 2009

Many might have already come across these words: but just a repea fort hose who dont know this man's speech! frankly speaking, Wipro Technologies is a competitive vendor and though...
4.5k views

@Suresh146305 · Jul 15, 2015

Hi All, I am 2.7 years experienced in TCS and got offer from mphasis yesterday. In that offer itself they mentioned the DOJ as 3rd August and reporting time at...
12.3k views

@safiajen0055 · Dec 13, 2012

Hello all, I want some of the good author books on following subjects (with easily understandable language) Network Analysis Analog Electronics Field Theory Mathematics-IV
5k views