Work Cultures In Top Indian IT Companies

Can anybody introduce me to the Work Cultures of some of the Top Indian IT companies and MNC's??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Work culture would be different for different companies. But following points may lead you to exploring more -

Professional Aspects:
    1. Most of the top Indian IT companies are 'services oriented', meaning they offer services to clients in other countries like software development, testing, maintenance, technical support etc. It's different from companies like Microsoft, Google, Facebook that develop their own software and offer it to the public.
    2. Freshers are put through ~3 months of training and their skills are honed on various domains like .net, Java, C++, SAP, J.D. Edwards and so on.
    3. Once the training is done, candidates are then allotted to various projects depending upon the need. Some of them are left to be 'On Bench' - meaning without any project.
    4. Typically technical jobs are assigned to candidates where the fresh candidate works on simpler tasks allotted by the team or module lead. It could be writing simple snippets of code, improving code and so on. Testing folks may get their hands dirty on basics of manual testing and automation.
    5. There are yearly appraisals where the team lead or manager will give you a feedback about your performance. This feedback will determine your salary increments and promotions, if you are eligible.
    6. The hierarchy levels are different in different companies. But a typical entry-level engineer becomes module lead, then team lead then project manager and so on over a span of 2-8 years.
    7. Some of the candidates get a chance to go on-site to get trained or to work on a project.
    Social Aspects:
    1. Most of the companies offer outbound trainings which are fun.
    2. Most of the companies offer TT, Badminton, Squash, GYM facilities.
    3. There are annual events - either company wide or center wide.
    4. The companies offer various perks : Including discounts at popular food, shopping joints in the city.
    5. You get free coffee, biscuits, cold-drinks free of cost in most of the companies.
    6. Lunch is offered free of cost in only few companies. Mostly, you'll have to pay from your pocket daily for your breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. But you'll have a wide choice (depending upon the size of company and canteen) of food items.
    I hope this gives you an idea. If you have specific questions, feel free to post in reply below.
  • Mangesh Khapre
    Mangesh Khapre
    Thanks sir,
    Great Help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name:Ramprasad.P *Engineering Trade:Computer Science Location:Madurai *Occupation: Working as a junior web developer Work Experience: 1+ years *Hobbies & Interests: Listening music
Hi,can someone help,I need to do a project on information security but i dont know what to propose.
In countries where the corruption's penetrated deeper in the societies that you can 'get the things done sooner' by paying the bribe, people are left with no choice. A lot...
I want to learn python how shall i start
well hi am dipankar, am studying btech eee 4th year in a private college. 1)i am confused how to start my prepartion for gate 2012. 2)i am from eee branch...