Wordlist for me (v)

vacuous (adj): empty of content; lacking in ideas or intelligence
Vacuous and vacant both refer to emptiness, but not the same kind of emptiness. Vacant is generally used to mean literally empty; an apartment with no tenant is vacant, not vacuous. Similarly, a dull person's thoughts can be vacuous, even though his skull is not literally vacant. However a vacant expression and a vacuous expression are the same thing.

vanquish (v): to conquer; to overpower

variegated (adj): diversified; having great variety

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guy's, I goone to make my own search engine.But i need multithreaded problem. But i hear that no feature of thread is available in java script programming.Any one know...
Most of us log in on CE daily. Some just read the posts, some put new and some at least shout something in the conference. 😁 But, admit it or...
Inspiring video on persevering no matter how many times you have failed in life. A must watch video! [video=youtube;Y6hz_s2XIAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6hz_s2XIAU[/video]
How to increase the upload speed for torrent from our system?
Entrepreneurship is one such avenue that is less traveled. Those who have walked this path have written extensively about it through online articles and books. Let's make a collection of...