Word list for me (e)

edifice (n): A big, imposing building

elocution (n): The art of public speaking
A locution is a particular word or phrase. Someone who speaks well is eloquent.

electorate (n): The body of people entitled to vote in an election; the voters. The adjective is electoral.

Replies

• Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    elegy (n): A mournful poem or other pieces of writing; a mournful piece of music
    Most critics agreed that Stan's best poem was an elegy he wrote following the death of his pet pigeon.
    My new book is an elegy to the good old days - the days before everything became so terrible.
    An elegy is elegiac. The little article in the newspaper about Frank's retirement had an elegiac tone that Frank found disconcerting.

embody (v): To personify; to give physical form to

endear (v): Make dear; to make beloved
    An endearment is an expression of affection.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

faux (adj): False faux marble is wood painted to look like marble. A faux pas literally means false step, but is used to mean an embarrassing social mistake. feign (v):...
A draft copy of a 100 page report must be typed by 6:00 p.m. Each page has an average of 300 words which a typist can type at the rate...
hello friends Can anyone tell what is the difference between the computer science and computer application. i also want to ask P.G.D.C.A. is a DEGREE? please give brief description of...
hey guys, i'm here sharing the accomplishment of a long time dream, ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ TO BUILD A ROBOT!!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ I did it atlast, actually it was me and three...
Would like to wish my fellow Muslim CEans Eid Mubarak! Hope you all enjoy this special day ๐Ÿ˜€