Word list for me (d)

decree (v) : An official order, usually having the force of law
This word can also be a verb. To decree something is to declare it formally and officially.

deem (v) : To judge; to consider

defile (v) : To make filthy or foul; to desecrate

Replies

• Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    dejected (v): Depressed; disheartened
    To be dejected is to be in a state of dejection.
    Rejection often causes dejection.

delectable (adj): Delightful; delicious

delinquent (adj): Neglecting a duty or low; late in payment
    Delinquent can also be a noun. A person who fails to pay his or her taxes is a tax delinquent and is subject to prosecution. A juvenile delinquent is a young person who habitually breaks the law.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

edifice (n): A big, imposing building elocution (n): The art of public speaking A locution is a particular word or phrase. Someone who speaks well is eloquent. electorate (n): The...
faux (adj): False faux marble is wood painted to look like marble. A faux pas literally means false step, but is used to mean an embarrassing social mistake. feign (v):...
A draft copy of a 100 page report must be typed by 6:00 p.m. Each page has an average of 300 words which a typist can type at the rate...
hello friends Can anyone tell what is the difference between the computer science and computer application. i also want to ask P.G.D.C.A. is a DEGREE? please give brief description of...
hey guys, i'm here sharing the accomplishment of a long time dream, ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ TO BUILD A ROBOT!!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ I did it atlast, actually it was me and three...