Wood source and Frequency they reflect

Well most of us are fascinated by music specially the hard core beats from a professional Drummer can't be forgotten by any of us

Well I recently found that Drum kits made by different makers use different wood and has some change in tones and the sustain they provide

Any particular reason for that

Birch wood Has very light weight and the sustain harmonics were really low
Another drum had heavier wood set and that had greater depth But lesser sustain in it

Is there any relationship between the type of wood and the wave reflection (Sound) by them

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Different types of woods may have different densities.

i am not an expert at sound engineering and stuff, but from what i feel, that when a sound wave hits the wood, some part of it is absorbed by the wood and some part of it is reflected back.

the amount of absorption and reflection ma depend on the densities, of the different types of wood.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I think the malleabilitiy of wood makes the manufacturers to select particular wood.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    CSK AUTO
    I think the malleabilitiy of wood makes the manufacturers to select particular wood.
    Most of the drums have standard sizes and I am not sure about this property playing any role

Cos mostly the wood is compressed from inside to the outside while making a drum So I am not sure about this
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# too many "may" in your answer Is there a realationship between the density of material and intensity they absorb
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Conqueror
    #-Link-Snipped-# too many "may" in your answer Is there a realationship between the density of material and intensity they absorb

If there is, i dont what exactly it is ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have to submit project in this semester. so i'm interested to submit MicroControl/ Power/ Electronics Related Project Please give me some project related idea. this project must be Cheaper...
I have installed tt-rss & I couldn't find the way to add feeds. I simply edited tt-rss's feeds & changed with CE, but I would like to add few more...
Samsung has initiated the first step towards a classy wrist- that of filing an application for a US trademark with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office for it's wearable electronic...
hiiiiii friends.... i have 1 sum... as i got the answer 3 bt the actual answeris 8 . as the question follows..... q: the angles of a polygon are in...
I need to do some operations on excel file having size more than 4GB. I have written VBA code to automate the operations. But while opening the file using code...