CrazyEngineers
  • Well most of us are fascinated by music specially the hard core beats from a professional Drummer can't be forgotten by any of us

Well I recently found that Drum kits made by different makers use different wood and has some change in tones and the sustain they provide

Any particular reason for that

Birch wood Has very light weight and the sustain harmonics were really low
    Another drum had heavier wood set and that had greater depth But lesser sustain in it

Is there any relationship between the type of wood and the wave reflection (Sound) by them
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • zaveri

MemberAug 5, 2013

Different types of woods may have different densities.

i am not an expert at sound engineering and stuff, but from what i feel, that when a sound wave hits the wood, some part of it is absorbed by the wood and some part of it is reflected back.

the amount of absorption and reflection ma depend on the densities, of the different types of wood.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 5, 2013

I think the malleabilitiy of wood makes the manufacturers to select particular wood.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberAug 6, 2013

CSK AUTO
    I think the malleabilitiy of wood makes the manufacturers to select particular wood.
    Most of the drums have standard sizes and I am not sure about this property playing any role

Cos mostly the wood is compressed from inside to the outside while making a drum So I am not sure about this
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberAug 6, 2013

#-Link-Snipped-# too many "may" in your answer Is there a realationship between the density of material and intensity they absorb
    Cancel
  • zaveri

MemberAug 6, 2013

Conqueror
    #-Link-Snipped-# too many "may" in your answer Is there a realationship between the density of material and intensity they absorb

If there is, i dont what exactly it is ?
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register