With Budweiser Buddy Cup Say Cheers And Become Facebook Friends

You might have gone for a drink at a pub or a cafe and met someone interesting with whom you wanted to stay in contact. And with the advent of social media, you would obviously want to connect through Facebook. Well, these situations now have a fascinating solution. The beer company, Budweiser Brazil has come up with the concept of a Buddy Cup which combines QR codes, NFC technology, smartphone cameras and an app onto the beer paper cup to spark connections on Facebook right before, during or after a drink.​
slide
The Buddy Cup has a LED light at the top which lights up when two cups come in the toasting motion. Meanwhile, the custom made smartphone app would post on each other's Facebook Wall with "I just became friends with . Drinking with the Buddy Cup at ." This concept is still being tested in South America and mostly in sponsored events.​
Check out the Buddy Cup video below:​
Source: #-Link-Snipped-#​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you have updated to the new Google Play App with the HOLO theme, you might be impressed with the design. But what about a dark theme with HOLO? With...
Boeing's engineers have been working on how the airplanes would look like & function 25-30 years from now. The company has already submitted their designs to NASA's N+3 program. The...
Bajaj says that RE60 is not a car, but a quadricycle that it plans to sell at a much cheaper rate in India and several other countries. The TATAs aren't...
My Situation: I'm sort of stuck at the office after my evening shift. It's been raining heavily and I don't have a raincoat. My Question: Once it has stopped raining,...
HI, I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed on my system right now. Now I want to upgrade it to 13.04. But I am little confuse which method will be best to...