WIRELESS SURVEILLANCE AND SAFETY SYSTEM FOR UNDER GROUND MINE WORKERS

Project Abstract / Summary : Safety Environment for underground mine workers.
Their exposure into sliding area and toxic gas environment in the mines is very dangerous.
Predicting these Scenarios , help to save their Life.
Tracking miners, while they are trapped also help to save them with immediate effort.So we are going to implement effective mine safety system which can do the following
Underground Landslide Detection.
Continuous monitoring of mine parameters.
Locating the trapped workers.
Sensing the presence of Toxic gases. so that human life can be saved.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : To provide safety for the origin of the power. which is mines.
While most coalhandling
facilities today have some type of plantwide
monitoring and
control system in place for fire detection, many of these still employ outdated devices
and methods for effective suppression of fires and prevention of explosions. With
increasing liability insurance premiums in the coalfired
power industry, and a growing
need to increase productivity in these plants, it is more important than ever to focus on
early detection and to employ preventive rather than reactive measures.
More and more power plants and coal preparation plants today are utilizing carbon
monoxide detection to pinpoint hot spots or smoldering fires, and methane detection to
prevent explosion. This presentation will describe two such cases.
BACKGROUND
While many power plants across the country now utilize coalburning
facilities, fires
and explosions in these facilities are of increasing concern. Rather than merely react to
fires once they start, however, plant engineers should focus on proactively minimizing
the potential for fire through early detection.
With increasing liability insurance premiums in the coalfired
power and cogeneration
industries, and a growing need to increase productivity in these power plants, it is
more important than ever to employ preventive rather than reactive measures.
THE CHEMISTRY OF COAL FIRES
Coalhandling
facilities typically have two sources of ignition that need to be
considered. The first is coal itself; the second is the belt material used in the transport
of coal. Belt material is basically inert but when heated by an external means will
produce CO. This can be caused by hot burning coal loaded onto the belt or contact
with hot metal rollers heated by belt slip or damaged bearings. Coal can ignite when it
comes into contact with hot surfaces and is also capable of selfignition
through the
process of spontaneous combustion.
AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION: THE ADVANTAGES OF CO DETECTION
While most coal yards today have some type of plantwide
monitoring and control
system in place for fire detection, many of these still employ outdated devices and
methods for effective fire prevention. For instance, whereas a sprinkler system can
respond to a fire, an integrated CO monitoring system can warn of a potential fire up
to two days before a flame is present.
By minimizing the risk of fire in coalhandling
facilities power generation companies
can see an increase in personnel safety as well as a decrease in downtime and loss of
resources. In short, they can save money.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: PARK COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
City: COIMBATORE
State: TAMILNADU
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : AUTOMATIC LINE SWITCHING USING GSM IN AGRICULTURE ABSTRACT In this project we are going to control a agricultural motor with the help of PIC16f877A microcontroller...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT As 4G wireless networks are vastly and rapidly deployed worldwide, 5G with its advanced vision of all connected world and zero distance communications is...
how can do a project in php using wamp server??
I am very happy to join here. I hope its will helps me to create +ve thoughts​
Project Abstract / Summary : AUTOMATIC LINE SWITCHING USING GSM IN AGRICULTURE ABSTRACT In this project we are going to control a agricultural motor with the help of PIC16f877A microcontroller...