Wireless Mesh networks -Applications

As a continuation of my previous post about Wireless Mesh Network topologies
Applications:
HOME network:
Consider a home with a wireless router, what if there are black points where you don't receive a signal? and consider that you have used a second router to mitigate the effect of these black points? now what if communication needs to happen between devices connected to these two routers? need to travel all the way through access node . Its a waste of bandwidth. It would be much more better if these routers talk amongst themselves rather than going all the way through the Access node. Thats where Mesh Networks can be used.

You can have a wireless backbone router network in our home placing the routers where ever needed and make a client topology network . The same configuration can be extended to community internet and mesh networks in building or cooperate offices where the mesh routers communicate amongst each other and as well as have back haul connection with internet.

[​IMG]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi ceans, I want to know about waht we actually mean when we say that this processor is dual core or quad core & this processor has 2 or 4...
I read this somewhere - A mobile phone’s SMS capacity is only 140 bytes (8 bits constitute a byte). For sending an SMS in English we need just 7 bits...
... and i am loving it!(OK I am late saying this..) I joined CE when I was looking for some help on my OFDM project. I was talking to my...
CEans, BITS Pilani Goa campus is organizing Quark 2010 between 4-6[sup]th[/sup] February 2010. Officeial Website: QUARK 2010 | Coming Soon | February 4th - 6th Updates to follow.
Hi frnds, i need an accelerometer for my final year project to measure floor vibration produced by human fall, the vibration will in range of 0.5 to 20 Hz. Suggest...