wireless electricity distribution

So, Tesla worked and believed this would revolutionize the globe years ago and was basically laughed at. What does everyone think about this idea and the possibilities/effect it would have? How far can it be carried out? Was Tesla right?

Notice Tesla was not even mentioned in the article =(

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe its possible and its already being done. Electricity, after all, is a form of energy. Say, we convert electric energy into light energy, distribute it 'wirelessly' and then convert it into electric energy again.

[PS: I've not yet read the article.]

All we need is highly efficient energy converters - the world will be a better place then. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Here's another article on the same topic: #-Link-Snipped-#

It states that Intel managed an efficiency of 75%. But the original MIT team that worked on it last year claims it has now efficiencies of up to 90%!

This is pretty exciting stuff ๐Ÿ˜€ In communications, you can pretty much power up simple receivers (with headphones as the transducer) using the radio waves alone.

Regarding mention of Tesla, its probably something the editor neglected out of ignorance because its a news article. In most scientific technical journals, you MUST state your references anyway.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Reallity is stronger & tougher than fiction...man in years ahead we can contribute similar wireless electric supply to all other devices using various forms of Transducer.
    Regards,
    J2R
  • icebalaji
    icebalaji
    Shall i have the website address to watch that Intel's new Project regarding Microwave Electricity.

gohm
    So, Tesla worked and believed this would revolutionize the globe years ago and was basically laughed at. What does everyone think about this idea and the possibilities/effect it would have? How far can it be carried out? Was Tesla right?

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • elecguy86
    elecguy86
    yaa this is true now u can recharge ur mobile or lapy form a distance and that to without using wires...
    just check this out..
    u can make it as major project also...

Click:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • visionary
    visionary
    gohm

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Where exactly could I find this article?๐Ÿ˜• I'd like to go through it before commenting.

Thanks in advance
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    visionary
    Where exactly could I find this article?๐Ÿ˜• I'd like to go through it before commenting.

Thanks in advance
    The link's there -> click -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Check this pdf file link..#-Link-Snipped-#.with whole information on Wireless Electric Distribution-- SIXTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM NIKOLA TESLA.Hope this feeds allyour needs
  • Gopal Dinesh
    Gopal Dinesh
    How would you use wireless electricity?Intel is developing wireless electricity, which is transferred not through wires, but through the magnetic spectrum. If you had access to this technology today, how would you use it?
  • gohm
    gohm
    If it is perfected like Tesla theorized, you would no longer need a physical conduit to transfer the electrcal power from source to end use. It would require large Tesla coils. Everything powered via AC would thus be powered similar to "remote control" only being current not radio waves transmitted.
  • flash319
    flash319
    I see another side to this. If power can be transmitted then the need for centralized power supply will be easier to get rid of. If everyone can transmit power from their solar panels, wind turbines, small hydro electric stations then we can all share power as needed. We will not be relying on the "grid" to stay up and running much like the internet is decentralized. Have a problem, go around...........
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    flash319
    I see another side to this. If power can be transmitted then the need for centralized power supply will be easier to get rid of. If everyone can transmit power from their solar panels, wind turbines, small hydro electric stations then we can all share power as needed. We will not be relying on the "grid" to stay up and running much like the internet is decentralized. Have a problem, go around...........
    Yes your right, just like WiFi. Good thing is, electricity does not need any protocols for frame integrity ๐Ÿ˜›

But, I think centralized power can still be used. Since transmission inefficiencies through power lines can be disregarded, and range is near unlimited, might as well have major connecting nodes distributing to the households. In addition, some processes still utilize economies of scale.. thus, having a large solar and wind farm will still has an advantage over decentralized generation for now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am looking for a document that explains the Logarithmic amplifier as well as their stability over temperature. Anybody can help me?
I am really undecided as to whether go for any coaching like GRE or CAT which many of my friends are going.i am in 5th semester now and i want...
Hope this is not a repost. It takes me a day to solved this...enjoy no google search please... ALBERT EINSTEIN'S RIDDLE There are no tricks, just pure logic, so good...
hii... i am working on a project where i need to transmit serial data over a long distance approx 2 miles...on twisted copper lines(2 wires) can you offer suggestions on...
Can anyone tell me some good sites like Top Sellers 123 Brackets TV brackets, wall bracket for LCD TV,plasma TV wall brackets, Vesa TV wall bracket, TV wall mount brackets,LCD...