Wireless Data Transfer Capacity Limits

Wondering what are the factors that limit (or matter) in wireless data transfer techniques. Any knows what's the max data transfer capacity available today (MB/GB) per second?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    wireless data transfer has comparitively low data transfer rates than that of say fibrenodde( which goes inot GBps) . The main factors what I would see as affecting the speed of data transfer would be : modulation techinques being used like say OFDM and other LTE channel access techniques like , STDMA, CDMA 1x promise higher speeds, and also the band width allocation, for example UB where the band width is in the range of 7 Ghz as compared to 802.11's mere some MHz.
    Keeping these aside, there are physical layer techniques like MIMO , SIMO which allow better data transfer as well , and then comes the positioning of the basestations and mobile stations .

EDIT: even the number of subscribers using the same channel effects ๐Ÿ˜›,
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    As with any other communication methods, the main limit is the channel capacity, which is proportional to the bandwidth and signal power to noise ratio.

If you can increase the signal power, you can have faster data rates to over come the channel noise. However, because most wireless communications operate in the microwave region, this is inadvisable unless you want to fry people in the area ๐Ÿ˜‰ One can also increase bandwidth, but this might create cross interference if not allocated properly. So as Durga mentioned, modulation techniques are devised to increase the data rate as close to the theoretical channel capacity limits as possible, as well as smart usage of antennas.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone please tell me how to separate a video and a sound in the video???
can a PPM be constructed, using Brownian Motion? I mean, some wheel where one part is subject to collisions by molecules, and the rest is not................something like that?
Hi, Im in my third year of studying chemical engineering, I just wonder if there any scopes of corrosion studies for chemical engineers since I'm having my practical right now...
if any software is installed in my computer. is there any way to make this original .exe file of that installed software . ๐Ÿ˜
hi friends, i want to know is there any editor exit on which we can write ane run our machine language programme. ๐Ÿ˜