Wireless Chargers

Can you imagine the convenience of wireless chargers for things like your cell phone, your iPod, and digital cameras?
You would never have to plug in your wireless charger to an electrical socket, because this new wireless charger has a charging system that uses electromagnetic induction to accomplish wireless charging of your devices.

It is basically a concept of creating a magnetic field that runs parallel to the surface of the pad, rather than out the end of the pad. In doing this, it enables delivery of a very uniform output of magnetic force across the pad, and makes it possible to make a receiver coil that is thin in the wireless chargers.

In addition to the coil, the wireless chargers have a regulator that adjusts the amount of power supplied to the iPod or cell phone, so that the batteries do not become over-charged. When fitting the regulator into each device being charged, a wireless charger can charge different devices, with various power requirements, all at the same time.

Inductive charging uses the electromagnetic field to transfer energy between two objects. A charging station sends energy through inductive coupling to an electrical device, which stores the energy in the batteries. Because there is a small gap between the two coils, inductive charging is one kind of short-distance wireless energy transfer.

The other kind of charging, direct wired contact (also known as conductive charging or direct coupling) requires direct electrical contact between the batteries and the charger. Conductive charging is achieved by connecting a device to a power source with plug-in wires, such as a docking station, or by moving batteries from a device to charger.

Induction chargers typically use an induction coil to create an alternating electromagnetic field from within a charging base station, and a second induction coil in the portable device takes power from the electromagnetic field and converts it back into electrical current to charge the battery. The two induction coils in proximity combine to form an electrical transformer. Greater distances can be achieved when the inductive charging system uses resonant inductive coupling.

Ref: Inductive Charging

-CB

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    this is good. it may be the beginning of Wireless Power Transmission, even.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    An update.
    Heavyweights are backing the idea of wireless charging capabilities embedded in phones, and public charging stations are beginning to pop up. Differing standards, however, still make for a rocky adoption.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We have planned many competitions on CE over the next few months; and we want to take an important decision regarding the judgement of every competition. We have two...
Taken from Matt Mullenweg's blog post: WP.com DowntimeSummary — Blog — WordPress.com Today WordPress.com was down for approximately 110 minutes, our worst downtime in four years. The outage affected 10.2...
is it really worth to pay money to consultances that promise to offer a job? I know some of the consultancies that says that if I pay money to them,...
can any body tell me si there any trick by which we can talk by inserting sim in laptop just like we inset memory card in it 😁
Hi! This is vijay.I m a student of B.TECH. Final year EEE.I need a latest & advanced ELECTRICAL topic for Seminar which is highly-stuffed with content as well as images.I...