WIPRO Campus Recruitment Process

WIPRO technologies is a leading software industry and third largest after TCS and Infosys.

Its selection criteria is as follows

Aptitude test:The aptitude test by WIPRO is a bit tough but not hard. It has 50 questions and lasts 60 minutes. NO NEGATIVE MARKING. You are provided with an OMR answer sheet.
The question paper is divided in to various sections. Viz, analytical, verbal, and technical and logical reasoning. Use of calculators is not allowed.
The technical only relates with computer branch.

Technical Interview: It consists of technical questions realting to computers and IT. Mostly basic questions related to C and C++ programming are asked. Further questions relating to your interests may be asked.

For NON IT/CS people : Questions related to your graduate syllabus will be asked.After clearing both rounds they move over to Essay writing.

Essay Writing: You are given 10 minutes to write an essay on a any topic and many times based on your essay questions may come. Try to stay neutral unless you are very strong to prove your point.

A general tip for writing an essay is to follow the following points

1. Your ideas about the topic ( in 1-2 paragraphs)

2.Reasoning supporting your thoughts

3.Conclusion.

HR Interview: Now this is bit tough and you will need to remain positive. Any question or situation will be given to you. For example&

A 50 year old man goes to a beer bar. The Bartender takes out a beer bottle and a pistol and Shoots. What is your opinion about the situation?
The possible positive answer is->The pistol works as a bottle opener when fired. So that the bartender can serve beer

After you clear everything you get the call letter and everything and you get to join the company ๐Ÿ˜€ If you have any doubts or things to share, feel free to post them ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• gs131016
    gs131016
    WIPRO's placement drive on SEP 19th (in our college). What is their latest test pattern?
  • gauravkumar
    gauravkumar
    gs131016
    WIPRO's placement drive on SEP 19th (in our college). What is their latest test pattern?
    Just appeared in the wipro exam in Chandigarh Group of Colleges
    Eligibility was
    Degree:60
    10th:50
    12th:50

The latest pattern is
    There are 50 questions in the aptitude test
    Verbal ability 20 questions
    Fill in the blanks with appropriate word
    Analogy
    Synonym
    Antonym
    Sentence correction
    The difficulty was moderate
    Then comes the analytical and quantitative part which which is very easy and has 20 questions
    And then there are 10 questions on technical which covers basic C programming one or two questions from Data structures and OS as well as logic gates. Pretty easy if you have gone through your degree by heart.

And then comes essay writing it was on INDIA:60 years of independence.It was pretty meaningless because no one even looked at it.
    289 students out of 600 got through to this point.
    Then there was the technical interview which is the toughest part and they ask in depth according to what you have written in your CV.About a 100 students got knocked out in this round.Be very prepared and clear with concepts of C++ OOP. I was interviewed for about 30 minutes in this round and the interviewer was very happy with my performance telling me you have done good research. Try to bring out general examples in every thing helps a lot even the interviewer asked me to give real life examples for explaining each thing.

After this was the HR interview which was for about 10 minutes only be prepared for Why Wipro? Why we should select you?Just keep it cool and fluent. If you are telling lies they will tear you to shreds stay true and be honest.

My result will be announced tomorrow hopefully i will be in it.
    Awaiting both infosys and wipro results.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Gaurav : That's nice..

Are you from 2012? Where you gave infosys exam? in cgc??
  • gauravkumar
    gauravkumar
    *pushkar*
    Gaurav : That's nice..

Are you from 2012? Where you gave infosys exam? in cgc??
    Yes the Infosys exam was also at CGC landran campus on 8 september today it is L&T at Gharuan campus joint campus drive quite a hectic and hopefully a fruitful week this one.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    gauravkumar
    Yes the Infosys exam was also at CGC landran campus on 8 september today it is L&T at Gharuan campus joint campus drive quite a hectic and hopefully a fruitful week this one.
    ohh good.. are from cgc college of 2012 batch??
  • gauravkumar
    gauravkumar
    *pushkar*
    ohh good.. are from cgc college of 2012 batch??
    Yes 2012 batch B.tech cse
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    cgc is a good college.. we always get opportunity for placement drive in your college only. but this time they have started for 2012 too early. do you know about any placement drive for us (2011 batch) in future?

what's your gmail id?
  • gauravkumar
    gauravkumar
    *pushkar*
    cgc is a good college.. we always get opportunity for placement drive in your college only. but this time they have started for 2012 too early. do you know about any placement drive for us (2011 batch) in future?

what's your gmail id?
    Apologies for the late reply.
    my gmail id is

Regarding 2011 batch there was one i think CSC came in august.
    I will ask the TPO and tell you.
    And another thing wipro is still taking freshers of 2011 batch i think at careers.wipro.com.
    If you have not already applied.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    gauravkumar
    Apologies for the late reply.
    my gmail id is #-Link-Snipped-#

Regarding 2011 batch there was one i think CSC came in august.
    I will ask the TPO and tell you.
    And another thing wipro is still taking freshers of 2011 batch i think at careers.wipro.com.
    If you have not already applied.
    Added..

By the way.. how was your result? Hope you got placed in infosys ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gauravkumar
    gauravkumar
    *pushkar*
    Added..

By the way.. how was your result? Hope you got placed in infosys ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes mate got selected in both infosys and wipro. Very very happy.
  • Senthilvelan
    Senthilvelan
    Issue
    WIPRO technologies is a leading software industry and third largest after TCS and Infosys.

Its selection criteria is as follows

Aptitude test:The aptitude test by WIPRO is a bit tough but not hard. It has 50 questions and lasts 60 minutes. NO NEGATIVE MARKING. You are provided with an OMR answer sheet.
    The question paper is divided in to various sections. Viz, analytical, verbal, and technical and logical reasoning. Use of calculators is not allowed.
    The technical only relates with computer branch.

Technical Interview: It consists of technical questions realting to computers and IT. Mostly basic questions related to C and C++ programming are asked. Further questions relating to your interests may be asked.

For NON IT/CS people : Questions related to your graduate syllabus will be asked.After clearing both rounds they move over to Essay writing.

Essay Writing: You are given 10 minutes to write an essay on a any topic and many times based on your essay questions may come. Try to stay neutral unless you are very strong to prove your point.

A general tip for writing an essay is to follow the following points

1. Your ideas about the topic ( in 1-2 paragraphs)

2.Reasoning supporting your thoughts

3.Conclusion.

HR Interview: Now this is bit tough and you will need to remain positive. Any question or situation will be given to you. For example&

The possible positive answer is->The pistol works as a bottle opener when fired. So that the bartender can serve beer

After you clear everything you get the call letter and everything and you get to join the company ๐Ÿ˜€ If you have any doubts or things to share, feel free to post them ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi,
    I got selected in Wipro Tech on 23rd Dec 2011, will they be sending any mail for conformation, if so wen will they send.
    Pls kindly tell me the information regarding this.
    Thnks in advance..
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    They should send confirmation. If not, try to contact the person who recruited you. If you don't have his/her contact, ask your college TPO.
  • Senthilvelan
    Senthilvelan
    Issue
    They should send confirmation. If not, try to contact the person who recruited you. If you don't have his/her contact, ask your college TPO.

Ok, in how many days will they replying. i got thro an off-campus process, so im not his contact number. they just listed my name in notice board..........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Senthilvelan
    Ok, in how many days will they replying. i got thro an off-campus process, so im not his contact number. they just listed my name in notice board..........
    You may get relevant contact email/number from Wipro's website. Otherwise, ask your Training & Placements manager to help you. We can't tell you how many days will they take to reply.

In my experience, the HR managers don't really care for people. I never had a HR guy reply to my queries when I used to work as a software engineer.
  • Senthilvelan
    Senthilvelan
    The_Big_K
    You may get relevant contact email/number from Wipro's website. Otherwise, ask your Training & Placements manager to help you. We can't tell you how many days will they take to reply.

In my experience, the HR managers don't really care for people. I never had a HR guy reply to my queries when I used to work as a software engineer.
    ok.
  • gauravkumar
    gauravkumar
    Senthilvelan
    I had my placement drive on the 8th of September 2011 and the next communication was of the letter of intent in December 2011 so you could expect a similar time frame of about three months and don't worry WIPRO always honors its offers.
  • Senthilvelan
    Senthilvelan
    gauravkumar
    I had my placement drive on the 8th of September 2011 and the next communication was of the letter of intent in December 2011 so you could expect a similar time frame of about three months and don't worry WIPRO always honors its offers.
    ok, thnx.....
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    Senthilvelan
    Hi,
    I got selected in Wipro Tech on 23rd Dec 2011, will they be sending any mail for conformation, if so wen will they send.
    Pls kindly tell me the information regarding this.
    Thnks in advance..
    Hey Can you tell me how was the apti test in details. I have my test of wipro. Please help.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    gauravkumar
    Just appeared in the wipro exam in Chandigarh Group of Colleges
    hey gaurav. can tell me about quant part also. i need to know about topics which are important for wipro test and comes. What came from reasoning part?
    Thanks
  • Senthilvelan
    Senthilvelan
    *pushkar*
    Hey Can you tell me how was the apti test in details. I have my test of wipro. Please help.
    For Apti it will be easy.
    Concentrate more on english part, like idioms & phrases, active & passive, direct & indirect,
    Assembling the sentence, synonyms and antonyms.
    For Technical, they asked more question from C & C++, nothing more.
    see error detection, pointers and file concepts in both C & C++..

Congrats.
    All the best.
    Do well.
    All Is Well.........
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Has anyone around here appeared for campus placement round of Wipro? Are there any changes made? Please share. I'll ask around and post back if I know about the latest recruitment process.
  • Nilesh3781
    Nilesh3781
    hello

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Depleting natural resources such as coal, petroleum products, and uncontrolled deforestation for urban development, have compelled visionaries to tap solar power as a sustainable and green power source. However present...
Friends, you could have seen the addition of a new quiz. The name of the Test is: TCS Mock Post ILP Test The password or secret code of the quiz...
Quote: Back in 2009 George Kembel, cofounder and executive director ofthe Stanford design school, the d.school, discussed a unique student project.Citizens of Nepal asked his students to solve a pressing...
My college's tech club is thinking of starting their own magazine.. please suggest some names for the magazine..๐Ÿ˜•
Hi all............ This is mrudula .............. new to this ce site................ Its very glad to be here.............!