Wine On Android Coming Soon ! (Excited ?)

Wine, The Application which is capable of bridging Windows Applications/Games in Linux machine is taking a major step in porting Wine to Android to run Windows Apps.

During FOSDEM 2013, Alexandre Julliard the original developer behind Wine, showed some demo for Wine for ARM, but the entire project was seemed to be inclined towards Android.
The demo showed that Wine initial performance in Android emulation was pathetically slow.

Well, I think with this project, even Raspberrians will have fun too if some developers natively port it.

Wine is the reason why we were/are enjoying Windows games/Apps in linux even though games aren't officially ported for linux.

Good work again, Wine Developers ๐Ÿ‘

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Thats an awesome news...
    Now Android users have Luxury of both windows apps also.
    I have seen Lumia 820 and some of apps are really good like cinemagraph app.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is brain fingerprinting? what are its applications?
i am student of b.tech final year with stream computer science.i want to make a project on android.help me what are the new about andriod & how we make new...
It is the in thing to say think Out of the Box. But do we know what is the box that is confining our thinking? It may be necessary to...
Dreamliner Battery problems have thrown up interest in alternatives. Batteries are best charged at moderate currents to prevent overheating , explosion and plain poor efficiency. Capacitors on the other hand...
i got an admission in CDAC tica for the course of DIVESD if any other guys got there,u can cont. me by mail. so we can get in cont. &...