Windows XP and VMware communication

Hi Friends

I have a workstation with windows XP installed in it. In which i have installed the VMware workstation software.
In VM ware workstation i have installed WindowsXP. Now i would like the establish the communication between these two hosts.

I would like to have my windows XP workstation to communicate with the VMware so that i can share the files between these two hosts

Please help me how can i do this?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To the best of my knowledge, communication can be achieved through Windows networking features. Do you have file/printer sharing setup on both the machines? Give it a try.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    To the best of my knowledge, communication can be achieved through Windows networking features. Do you have file/printer sharing setup on both the machines? Give it a try.

Install VM ware tools from VMWare workstattion... that will help you in using the VM ware features and establishing the connection.

Yep biggi, you are right. Connection also can be made if machines are able to ping each other.

-Crazy
  • balumankala
    balumankala
    Hey Guys
    Thanks for your replies. As per your advise I've installd VM ware tools and I was able to copy the files between physical and virtual hosts.
    But, instead of copying them cant I share the files and access the files ?

For Eg:
    I have a songs folder in E: drive, E:\songs

How can i share this in physical system and access this share folder from virtual host ?
    Im able to ping the virtual host from physical host , but from virtual host im unable to ping the physical host

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to purchase Acer 4730z.I need info about pricing and configuration?
CEans, A big number of engineering students from India appear for the Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institutes of Management every year. The exam is usually conducted in November....
Dear All Please, I need to simulate the Coriolis Effect on a rigid body loaded by a mechanical force in the x-direction and rotated about the z-axis. My simulation using...
Hey palssssssss........😀😉 !! Can anyone of u tell me how to right a pgm to get result lyk our Windows startmenu - explore button does. ??
Im gonna completing mah Btech computerscience.... No jobsss ........😔....we r so lucky😁 ....recession came !!😔.............. Not attended for any entrance examssss......lyk GATE / CAT / MAT.... planning to do MTech......any...