Windows Mocks Android And iOS Users

Mobile OS wars have gone crazy in recent years, where Android and iOS seem to be at the forefront. Many smartphone manufacturers come up with commercials which include mockery of another manufacturer. And now Windows Phone added a commercial with the Lumia 920, making fun of Android and iOS users. If you have been using smartphones, you might have definitely been into an argument over a mobile OS, ready to pull each others hair out. Windows made a commercial which included all the areas where the users usually have their differences.

screen-shot-2013-04-29-at-5-46-07-pm-650x0

The commercial is set in a wedding, where the people start clicking photographs with their smartphones. All hell breaks loose when someone moves in front of everyone, blocking the view. At the end, two caterers are found recording the fight with the dialogues "Do you think if people know about the Nokia Lumia they'd fight so much?" replied by "I think they kind of like fighting.", which might really get the attention of the viewers which ends with the tagline "Don't fight. Switch." So what do you think? Will this commercial make any difference to the sales or popularity of the Windows Phone or just be laughed at and shared around the web?

Source: Windows Phone commercial makes fun of all Android and iPhone owners | Digital Trends

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    What we need in today's environment is another revolution. In the War of (Worthless) Machines, we humans keep sacrificing our money and sanity. Why do we let these companies take over what is rightfully ours - our communication possibility and device? Are we not using what they make for us? Why don't we tell them exactly what we want, and they make it for us? Why does Nokia have to have something less, while Samsung or HTC has more of it; and vice versa? Are we to be blamed for letting this happen?

#learn.to.question
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    With a few million views, it looks like the video IS going viral. With most comments like - 'awesome commercial', it is awesome to see that most commenters aren't ready to take sides. Me included.
    Loved the part where someone says - 'Move Your Enormous Phone' and laughed at a comment: How is this AD any good? - It shows the features of the competitors phones and none of its own. 😁 PS: Nodding to #-Link-Snipped-# questions. All of them are justified. May be in a parallel universe.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    anoopthefriend
    What we need in today's environment is another revolution. In the War of (Worthless) Machines, we humans keep sacrificing our money and sanity. Why do we let these companies take over what is rightfully ours - our communication possibility and device? Are we not using what they make for us? Why don't we tell them exactly what we want, and they make it for us? Why does Nokia have to have something less, while Samsung or HTC has more of it; and vice versa? Are we to be blamed for letting this happen?

#learn.to.question
    It's all herd-mentality. People who question (like you) will never lose either their money or sanity over these inane(aka. core-, Hz, pixel, size etc. wars) stuffs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, Now there is one question that keeps me pondering. What is the difference between a link and a channel in communication system in context to their architecture and...
In my home one mcb tripping with out load after 2 to 3 mins. I switched off all loads. and switched ON the Mcb, but with in 2 to 3...
Hey everyone, I'm doing my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, currently in third year. Honestly, i spent the two years in my engineering not knowing what I'm actually doing. I just...
We're keen to use the latest technology, and all we're often left out is with this. Don't we have anything to say about it? Have we not let these companies...
The advancement in technology has shown us eras with Lathe being called the mother of all machines,the dedicated manufacturing system and the flexible manufacturing system. The dedicated manufacturing system was...