Windows 7 technical review

hey guys how good is windows 7??i have read the reviews and they seem pretty good...but first hand info is always better ...isn't it???!!!
is it worth giving up on my good ol' xp???plz tel me its pros and cons if you've started using it...
thanks...

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Re: windows 7..!!

Hi Welcome to CE, Please dont use SMS text on CE.

Windows 7 is good and pretty fast!!

Yes its good to give up the old xp !!
  • safwan
    safwan
    I heard from my friend he tried Windows 7 on Pentium and it worked !!
  • crazygeek
    crazygeek
    Hi CEan

Thanks for your reviews. Windows 7 features impressing me. I am planning to use Windows 7 OS ASAP. :sshhh:

Regards
    crazygeek
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    ya im using windows 7 ultimate x64 edition and its faster than vista i can assure you

cheers
  • callyD
    callyD
    I've been using it now for a few days. My laptop is definitely performing better, it's faster and more stable.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Windows7 is far better than vista & XP. Its startup time is rocking (less than 10 secs, if you have less startup programs & only one OS).
    Security features are same as vista with much less response time. Its very lighter & UAC features are adjustable as per your needs.
    But if you have older dos softwares, it will not work in windows 7 or vista, but there are alternatives like you can use devC instead of turboC.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Shreya,
    I'd stick with WinXp if I were you. There is a lot of hoopla around Win7 ... but frankly speaking, although the boot-up time had reduced for me, the actual OS is pretty sluggish and there are run-time bugs all around the place.

If you are a power user, then I would not go beyond WinXP. Vista was a bad mistake, and 7 is just a cover-up. I agree with Saurabh that its better than Vista. But in all the Win versions, I prefer xp the best.

If you wish to try, then I'd suggest you give Ubuntu a whirl.
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    I would stick to XP till SP1 of WIN7. Bootup is no problem for me. I need my applications to run faster.
  • supperwood001
    supperwood001
    I am using Windows 7 on my laptop currently good system and fast speed. 😁 .
  • Hrushi Chandra
    Hrushi Chandra
    its pretty good to use windows 7 but see if your pc is well equipped for it or else it may run slow so make a chech at windows site

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Howdy folks! I had to create a presentation to describe CE. My aim was to tell the 'busy folks' about CE in less than a minute. The feedback I've received...
Hey guys for hyderabad(india) i need your suggestions.i want some ideas on government and private organizations where i can do my major projects.i know some of u guys would have...
UserBase: I think google is best ..as I am using for many years AlgorithmBase: i wud say google is the best they have a faster running algorithm, So i guess...
Sir / madam, My question is Number 7 does not occur in this multiplication. Find the product. 2** 3** ------- 5** *6* **3 ------- ***** ------- Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj {SCE...
Hello everyone National Institute Of Technology, Agartala presenting AAYAM’09, the biggest technical fest in the history of Tripura. The central idea of Aayam is in learning to view things from...