Windows 7 pre-orders sell-out in Japan

#-Link-Snipped-#​
Often companies will claim a "#-Link-Snipped-#" in order to hype incredible demand for its product. However, these claims are pointless without any firm numbers -- after all, there's a big difference between moving 100 and 100,000 units. Now we're getting word from Japan that the heavily discounted Windows 7 upgrades that #-Link-Snipped-# are sold-out. While no numbers are given, the 17 retailers involved in the pre-order sales who presumably have no vested interest in trying to inflate perceptions on behalf of Microsoft, report sales as "considerable" and taking only 1.5 days (of the 10 days planned) to burn though the alloted inventory. A quick check on Amazon US and Canada shows the same pre-order prices we saw Friday. Still, it might be wise to take notice of the "while supplies last" disclaimer if you haven't already.#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:07:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    CE-InFocus
    #-Link-Snipped-#​
    Often companies will claim a "#-Link-Snipped-#" in order to hype incredible demand for its product. However, these claims are pointless without any firm numbers -- after all, there's a big difference between moving 100 and 100,000 units. Now we're getting word from Japan that the heavily discounted Windows 7 upgrades that #-Link-Snipped-# are sold-out. While no numbers are given, the 17 retailers involved in the pre-order sales who presumably have no vested interest in trying to inflate perceptions on behalf of Microsoft, report sales as "considerable" and taking only 1.5 days (of the 10 days planned) to burn though the alloted inventory. A quick check on Amazon US and Canada shows the same pre-order prices we saw Friday. Still, it might be wise to take notice of the "while supplies last" disclaimer if you haven't already.#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Mon, 29 Jun 2009 03:07:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    That's great i have Windows 7 RC1 Now mate...
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    It eats a lot of computer memory and that's why I kinda hate it. I think Microsoft is launching it in a premature condition. People are gonna face problems with this just like Vista. :\
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I doubt it'll be as bad as Vista. They've learn't a lot of lessons from that launch 😉
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I use windows 7 RC1 build 7100.

It's not as bad as Vista was.
    I'd actually go to the extent to say that it's almost as good as the good ol' XP.

No problems with the explorer, and even memory need is not as big as it seems to be.
    It actually needs lesser memory than Vista.

Microsoft has done some serious changes for good, and it sure looks promising.
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    Do we, Vista Users get this upgrade at a discount by any chance. Im fed up...absolutely fed up with Vista...Dell tells me it'll terminate my support contract if I switch to Windows 7...Any hopes guys?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

- Comparative Analysis of the Physical Layer Technologies in WiMax and LTE - FoIP vs VoIP : Design and Application - Software based GPS receiver - Smart Home Technologies -...
​Rumor has it that Intel is prepped to launch its new SSDs in the next two weeks. According to sources speaking to the The Inquirer, the new solid state disks...
Give your innovative idea for clean power generation SOLAR--- Wind OCEAN-- give some basic funda to convert them to any kind of mechanical or electrical energy.......
CEans, CE Infocus is taking a break for about 2-3 months. This measure is taken to observe our indexing status in Google and other popular search engines. Infocus will be...
Guys, Can you all start at least 2 threads every day in chit-chat so that we cross 1000 posts mark in Chit Chat section? ;-)