Windows 7 Launch

Microsoft's latest Operating System, Windows 7 is about to make a debut in next couple of hours. If you have more news/videos/photos - please share them in this thread!

Keep us updated 😁 [​IMG]

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Been running Win 7 Pro RTM for a couple of weeks. Smooth sailing so far 😀
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Windows 7 has managed to get more sales in the first eight hours of its launch than Vista. The pre-order booking on Amazon has been so good in UK that it has even crossed previously held record by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great!!

My laptop is under repair!!!

If not It has auto upgrade to windows 7 😀

I would have tested it !!!
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Windows7 is far lighter than vista & security features are just like vista. I'm using Windows7 ultimate for 3 months now, it startup is much faster, works much smoother than vista. It has been launched by keeping in mind the future demand of netbooks which requires lighter OS.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great!!

So do we have all the security features of Vista , where we will get lot of pop ups and alerts again ??

I hate vista for Over security!!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Task bar is quite efficient in window 7......
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    English-Scared
    Great!!

So do we have all the security features of Vista , where we will get lot of pop ups and alerts again ??

I hate vista for Over security!!!
    It all depends on UAC level.
    Goto security features and set UAC to minimum level. Pop ups are gone.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Me too had a glimpse of it on my friend's laptop.

My 5 -10 minutes short R & D with the OS, gave me feeling that its much faster and secure then the Vista. Looks like a stable OS version after Windows XP Professional SP2.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google is expected to announce its new music service, on October 28, 2009. The name could be Google Audio. If anyone's got more information, please share it here.
Sun Microsystem is laying off 3000 employees and the process has already began. SUN is blaming it on Oracle's slow acquisition of the company which was announced last year. The...
Hi fellow crazy engineers! For my final year project at University I have been tasked with creating a device that generates a straight line, or moverment in a straight line...
Microsoft on Wednesday said it is fixing a bug in Bing that allowed spammers to bypass spam filters and distribute malicious links. Researchers at Webroot Software discovered a spam campaign...
Hong Kong: Companies in Asia are set to offer bigger pay rises next year as the region continues to rebound from global recession, notably in India where base salary levels...