Windows 7 activation hacked!

Microsoft Windows 7 is protected by key activation. The operating system requires users to activate their copy of Windows 7 within 30 days. But hackers have found a way around this key antipiracy protection built into Windows 7. In this way, the software doesn't actually get confirmed as legitimate, but users are able to keep using the product indefinitely, according to CNET.

Microsoft confirmed that it is aware of the technique, but said that it is working to shore up the activation procedure. "We're aware of this workaround and are already working to address it," a Microsoft representative said in a statement, which also urged customers to only use genuine software, noting that the fake stuff can contain malware and other bad things.

So far about 50,000 pirated DVDs of Microsoft Windows 7 are estimated to have been sold in India since the official launch on Oct 22, generating unaccounted business of around Rs.50 lakh (nearly $100,000).

source :- siliconindia

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Everyone, Its long time my introduction has been due, so here i go Name: pracas *Engineering Trade: a non-engineering(by education) electronics convert! Location: Chennai *Occupation: Self-Employed Employer Work Experience:...
Hello CEans, Is it possible to account the surface hardness effect in the tensile testing specimen? If possible, how could it be accomplished? For instance, I would like to establish...
Hello CEans, I think, the energy wasted as vibration, when a vehicle moves, can be converted to voltage using vibration sensors and can be used for charging mobile phones etc....
I've come across lot of very cool final year projects which could be very effective business ideas. Has anyone here thought of turning your final year project into a business...
HI CEans, I am Manoj kumar Doing B.Tech(final year) in Electronics and communication Now I feel😁 I joined CE because I think CE can do much more than my engg....