Windows 10 Professional & Home Price In India

Microsoft is still testing the latest and the greatest Windows 10 operating system and is keeping lips tight closed about the pricing. However, it looks like an online retailer has leaked the official price of Windows 10 operating system. Two versions of the operating system listed on NewEgg hint at pricing as follows:-
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Professional: $149.99 (~Rs.10,000)
  • Microsoft Windows 10 Home - OEM : $109.99 (~Rs. 7999)
The actual pricing would be around those figures and I don't think there will be any major change. Also note that many believed that Windows 10 would be offered free of cost to everyone, including free update to users using Windows 10 Upgrade For Pirated Software Users: Your Doubts Answered. However, Microsoft later clarified that it won't offer it free to everyone. Only the gadgets with display size lesser than 9" will get Windows 10 for free.

The website also hints at August 31st as release date; which has not been confirmed by Microsoft yet. It's likely that MS will announce the availability of the OS through a hosted event.

The hardware requirements for Win10 look decent: 1GB RAM (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit), about 16 GB of disk-space and MS Direct X 9. Majority of the existing machines should be able to run Windows 10 without issues.

I expect the Windows 10 to be available through Microsoft India Store. Will update this as soon as we've official prices declared.

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Microsoft said new PCs and tablets running Windows 10 will go on sale July 29, while Windows 10 for other devices such as smartphones would be available later this year

Source|#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vikram S Bargah
    Microsoft said new PCs and tablets running Windows 10 will go on sale July 29, while Windows 10 for other devices such as smartphones would be available later this year

Source|#-Link-Snipped-#
    Yeah, just read about the 29 July launch date. I've been hearing that the Windows upgrade will be free for the devices? Gotta find out details.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, I'am a passed out student from pondicherry engineering with B.tech specialization in EEE....i am interested in doing an internship in plc,scada,DCS.....cz i am kinda interested in automation sector.....then i...
The much awaited Asus Zenfone Selfie is in market now. Launched at Computex 2015 trade fair on Monday, Asus Zenfone Selfie is the next flagship in the Zenfone series, following...
Chinese electronics company Xiaomi released the Xiaomi Note and Mi 4i models in India in the month of April. And after this, if online sources are to be believed, Xiaomi...
As the Apple Watch tries to take control of the global premium smartwatch market with the help of loyal iOS supporters, Taiwanese electronics giant ASUS has launched its new Android...
Hello Guyzz...! I am M.tech Final year Student , For final year Project i want any idea in the Parallel Algorithm domain ... plz if any body have any idea...