window xp problems

hello CEans
I am not able to open my icons.....whenever i am trying to do so its not opening.....i have tried to restore it but of no use.....i tried to open it in safe mode but in vain.....can anyone suggest what to do now?????

Replies

• PradyKural
    PradyKural
    hey, just post your system cnfg.s so that other members can help you
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hey buddy,

I guess your affected by salty AI virus but not sure though could you be more specific about the problem......

-Arvind
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey Anand,

GO for Boot Scan.......which may help you..........USE AVAST OR QUICK HEAL...............
    Normal scan will not help you........

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    First Thing: Try using System Restore and restore your computer to a good old working point.
    Second: Scan your system using Microsoft Security Essentials (Free for Genuine XP) and make sure you don't have any viruses.
    Third: Install third party software like Axialis Icon Studio and with the help of them, try to restore the icons and their associations.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions for you 1- I’m working on a back-filling of a causeway in the sea, can I use salt water in watering for...
HI, Everyone. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, now I want a software that can show me what changes in any files or registry done by running a software or...
Would it be better if I join a summer training in courses like embedded systems,vlsi design etc or if I go for industrial training in companies like huges communication, iocl,...
CEans, You've always had lots of questions related to summer internships, training and certifications. We found out that CE Forums already had tons of related queries distributed in various sections....
CEans, We've always had hundreds of queries for summer internships, trainings and certifications. Lots of engineering students have doubts, queries related to these topics and we're happy to introduce a...