Wind Power 2011 - American Wind Energy Association

Take Full Advantage of WINDPOWER 2011
#-Link-Snipped-#

Bioramani

Replies

• H.Ali
    H.Ali
    i just have some doubts about the wind power generation .
    i know that the generater is driven by the wind , the place where i experience the wind in its maximum is the sea shore,but i have never seen a single wind mill in the seashore.
    my question is 1.why wind mill is not used in the sea shore?
    2.why dont we use a miniature type wind mill in front of the car or some thing just to charge the mobile phone etc.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    H.Ali
    my question is 1.why wind mill is not used in the sea shore?
    2.why dont we use a miniature type wind mill in front of the car or some thing just to charge the mobile phone etc.
    1.why wind mill is not used in the sea shore? There are many on coasts.
    Windmills are expensive. Only a detailed survey can tell wheteher it will make economic sense to site it in a particular place. Here is a paper on this:
    PDF

You certainly can. However, the energy for driving the wind mill will ultimately come from the engine of the vehicle. Far cheaper to use the car dynamo as is being currently done.

Bioramani
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    but as you know in south india most of the wind mills are situated in TN.
    we have a large amount of coastal area.but we are not using it.
    one of friend said that it is because the salt wind will corrode the turbine.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    H.Ali
    we have a large amount of coastal area.but we are not using it. one of friend said that it is because the salt wind will corrode the turbine.
    I have worked long at Trivandrum and continue to go there often on work. Shankumgham, Vizhinjam and Kovalam are favourite haunts. I even participated in the pilot project on wave energy harnessing at Vizhijam harbour.
    It is true that corrosion by salt laden air is a challenge. However, a lot of work is going on in this area. Please see this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • H.Ali
    H.Ali
    bioramani
    I have worked long at Trivandrum
    its interesting to hear from you. i'm from kerala.but i was unaware of the projects happening in vizhinnam .

yes we have to give more importance to wind , solar and wave power generation rather than nuclear power.it is the the ultimate remeady to the power crisis.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can someone please explain me the circuit schematic that i have attached because i can't understand it. Thank you
Keithley make some of the best measurement instruments. They have a set of five free webcasts for those interested in instrumentation and measurement. Keithley Instruments Inc. - Keithley University --Nasa...
Natural robots focus on speed, agility Imagine being chased down by a robotic Cheetah to get an idea of what the Department of Defense may have in mind for future...
Part IV of the series in: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ce-labs/42688-think-about-thinking.html The Scientific Method – Part IV (The Golden Age of Islam) CR4 - Blog Entry: The Scientific Method
I have this long time question, in bikes, especially, why is there a provision for two separate brakes for front and rear? I also know that, if we come with...