CrazyEngineers
  • Hi:
    I'm not an engineer (or even close to it); I'm a marketing/advertising consultant--about as far as you can get!!

My husband and I are (hopefully) retiring to an island of coast of Florida, USA. Lots of 2-story homes built up on stilts in case of storm surge.

My question is--if we buy one of these and actually get to be impaired physically in some way (I'm not talking about terribly impaired--talking about break a leg or whatever), is it feasible to use a winch, attached outside to the eaves of the house, balanced, with a chair and "seat belt", to lift someone up the stairs.

Know this sounds crazy (and that's why I was attracted to this forum!). I know it would depend on the house, location of stairs, placement of stair landing, etc. But, with some work, and help from someone who knows what they are doing, do you think this is feasible. Thanks ever so much! D.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJun 6, 2009

Thread moved to mechanical engineering section.

PS: Don't worry. We believe Engineering is not about degrees or certificates. Welcome to CE.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberJun 7, 2009

Sure, you could use anything from a Bosun's chair (low tech) to mechanical lifts/elevators. They also make those stair lifts as well.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register