Will You Upgrade To Windows 8?

Microsoft is launching Windows 8 to the world on October 25 and expects that the world will adopt it quickly. There are several changes in the latest Windows, including a completely new user interface (not called the Metro interface anymore), enhanced security and ease of use. Plus Windows 8 will be the name that will be used across various platforms from tablets, mobiles to desktops and laptops. I'm just curious to know how many of you are planning to upgrade to Windows 8 in near future. Vote on the poll.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nope, I'll stick to Fedora & Mint.
    Commited to Linux 'till I die.
    Tux for life ;-)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I'm becoming a fan of your die-hard Unix fanboyism.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Windows 98 - GREAT!
    Windows 2000 - SHIT!
    Windows XP - GREAT!
    Windows Vista - SHIT!
    Windows 7 - GREAT!
    Windows 8 - :-x
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    [Prototype]
    Windows 98 - GREAT!
    Windows 2000 - SHIT!
    Windows XP - GREAT!
    Windows Vista - SHIT!
    Windows 7 - GREAT!
    What happened to the millenium in the middle? Tht's worser than Shit? 😛
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Milenium was Scum pal #-Link-Snipped-# and about 8 there are few super dooper softwares for 7 itself so I doubt for another change

But Unix and Linux always rules they are the most robust I have ever seen
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    No to windows. I dont even remember the last time, I opened windows.
    Linux For Life....😀
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes I will, just to look how it works 😀 I have no option but to use win7 and winxp at work so I am a windows user.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I am Windows user, but I am not interested in upgrading to Windows 8, as its GUI is made more for Touch screens, and I am totally satisfied with Windows 7 performance.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    After lots of dumbness of windows OS I could able to install windows 8 as second OS.
    App UI at home screen is horrible and I desperately want start menu for fast search files, installed programs.
    I installed chrome... Now when I start chrome from Metro UI its different instance than which I launched from task bar.👎

where I find all apps in start menu:
    go to home app page --> search for it (not found) ---> right click in frustration (usual thing to do on desktop) --> Oh.. it come as task bar ribbon☕

Windows experience rating for hardware:

Previously with windows 7 (on scale of 1-7.9) : HDD: 5.9 and for graphics 5.4
    Now with windows 8 (on scale of 1-9.9) : HDD: 5.9 and for graphics 5.4 😲
  • TheCoolDesiBoy
    TheCoolDesiBoy
    In my desktop I think I will settle for my Windows 7.
    Previously, Windows XP had earned the accolades due to its simplicity and performance but as time progressed Microsoft got really creative and started messing with performance and focusing on quality which led to the failure of Vista. But Windows 7 addressed to all those performance issues and brought a neater faster interface. As the tablet market started showing its presence in the computing department, Microsoft felt left out so it jumped in the bandwagon to come up with Windows 8. I have used Windows 8 (Customer Preview), but I felt that they are well utilised for touch. So if I would be inclined to Windows 8 that would be only for Microsoft Surface Pro. The reason for that being is you get full desktop functionality on a tablet. All Windows applications work on the Surface Pro. Right pricing of the product can make it a hit.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    Ya once i shift windows 7 into windows 8. It is working good. but It is not well for non touch devices. And also i face some problems to use bluetooth and wifi. Those drivers are not installed well in my lap. So i remove win 8 and now using win 7.
    It is working well.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    [Prototype]
    Windows 98 - GREAT!
    Windows 2000 - SHIT!
    Windows XP - GREAT!
    Windows Vista - SHIT!
    Windows 7 - GREAT!
    It is true...!!
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    Kishan Gupta
    I am Windows user, but I am not interested in upgrading to Windows 8, as its GUI is made more for Touch screens, and I am totally satisfied with Windows 7 performance.
    Ya my windows 7 OS startup and shutdown time is more compare to win 8.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There's a saying in the corporate world "A horse is a dog designed by a committee" - and I fully agree with it. Having seen and experienced how a 'group...
E=MC2 relation shows the energy mass equation..can we change of energy into mass...............
I am aware there is a built in utility for bridging connections, but I was trying to implement the same using a Python Script. This is the how the set-up...
Can someone provide me with a format for software proposal? I want to know how software proposals are made?
Real Age has come up with tips to keep you on your toes, literally. Real Age was not of much use to me as my aim was to put on...