Will the era of WristWatches end?

I just read this article on Softpedia:

#-Link-Snipped-#

It says:

These days a wristwatch is becoming more of a style statement.
It is not an useful accessory, since most of us already have other gadgets at hand that also tell time.
The survey they conducted says, one in seven people believe they have “no reason” to wear a watch, since they can just as well tell the time from their PC, mobile, laptop or other device of the kind.

I find it really convenient to have a wrist watch. In fact I love sporting a wrist watch.

What is your opinion?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thats true in my case.
    It has become more of styling statement!

I dont use any wrist watch!!

For time I have mobile!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I stopped using wristwatch ever since I've gotten the mobile phone.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The_Big_K
    Same is in my case!
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I still use the wrist watch for time 😀,unless i forget to wear
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    Until i didn't wear my wrist watch i don't feel completely dressup. I am agree with AKD. But i prefer to see time from my wrist watch in spite of mobile.
  • Leo
    Leo
    The_Big_K
    Even i stopped using wristwatch after i got my first mobile phone, it still remains as an entity which helps you know time during exams since mobiles are not allowed there.
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    i stopped using a wrist watch after i got my phone
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    I agree with AKD. Its more convenient to keep track of time using wrist-watch rather than mobile.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I haven't had a watch in many years. stopped when pagers came out.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    i guess its more convenient for me to see time from my wrist watch than take out the mobile phone from the trouser pocket and strain my eyes to see the darkened out screen of the mobile phone 😛

wristwatches will remain forever, no matter how much we become dependent on our mobile phones

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Micromax w900 is a Windows 6.5 professional powered phone meant for business users. This phone is sleek (112*55*14.2mm) and weighs only 113 grams. The display is 262K, 8.1cm WQVGA which...
Nokia has been advertising the latest smartphone, Nokia N8 with a tagline "What will you do with our amazing technology?" So the same question is for you - Tell us...
When the whole world is dependent on the US Giant Microsoft, the Russian State is taking a different route altogether. It plans to build a rival to Windows to become...
Ramalinga Raju might have a reason to smile now. The ex-boss of Satyam got jailed for engineering the multi-million dollar fraud. However, after the supreme court ruled out the bail...
I read this article in the Times of India. While inaugurating a Science and Technology exhibition and a trade fair in Akuressa, Sri Lanka's Technology and Research Minister Prof Tissa...