Will the current state of economy make the industry move to Linux?

will the current economy crisis have any impact on linux?
will it make industries to switch over to linux?

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    Why ? What is so special about linux that will make industries go for it ?
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    can u give a little elaboration of your question
  • dildileep
    dildileep
    as there are rumours circling in our engineering colleges?
    is there any true in it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I think folks in your college might be talking about the wide-spread adoption of open source software and the IT industries moving to free software available.

If that's the case, then be assured that the 'free software' is free for a reason and the 'paid software' comes at a price for a reason. The world would have moved to Linux very quickly to Linux because it is free. But that does not happen, you see.

There are reasons.
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    can you give a brief idea about open source
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Raviteja.g
    can you give a brief idea about open source
    Open source - as the name says the source of the software is is open to all for modification.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Can anyone please suggest me a good book on assebmly language programming? Thanks
Welcome to CE ULT - 2008 discussion thread. I hate to title the thread like that, but I think I've no better option. This thread aims to keep track of...
This thread aims to seek various views from our crazy engineers all over the world about the latest wave of lay offs happening all over. To start with here are...
friends, recently i have created a blog and it is good for few days and after it is saying that the blog is spam blog 😒 and you want to...
It has happened again. There are about 13 blasts in 15 minutes. Over 30 people are dead. Is there an end to this?