Will Smart classrooms create changes in our education system.

Nowadays, Technology is flourishing in every field. In Education- has smart classrooms.

Smart class room is a digital way of education in schools. It has more advantages. Students learn their curriculum by watching visuals and animations. And this will make syllabus more interesting.It also improves effectiveness in teaching and easy understanding.

Today, came to know, Tamil Nadu Government has ordered to launch smart classrooms in 100 schools for the budget of 5.05 crore. My question is, Is it worthy?

For how long, the projector, smart broad will work properly. We are in the nation where still there are lot of schools without computers. And of course, everything cant be taught through smart boards, example a mathematical problem. And the teachers also have to be specially trained of this class room.

Smart class rooms really helps to improve the quality of education else its just waste of money?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When we talk about changing the education system - we should be talking about the change in the content and the way students are evaluated. Technology can only aid in changing the way education is 'delivered'.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a utter waste of money if I consider the present scenario. It kills the imagining power of the kids and make teachers more lazy. We know that most of the teachers working in the government schools are good enougn to teach without smart schools. Kid life is a life which nurture the power of imagination and most of the schools still lack good bathroom facilities. I had read that most of the girls drop out of the schools after reaching their puberty because of the unclean and improper bathroom facilities. I insist that government should concentrate more on the basic needs and avoid wasting money in other ways.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Its a utter waste of money if I consider the present scenario. It kills the imagining power of the kids and make teachers more lazy.
    Visual education will create interest on the particular syllabus. @#-Link-Snipped-# On which way, you portray that smart class rooms kills the imagining power?
    For example, Instead of reading big big paragraph of working principle of 2 stoke or four stoke engine for two -three hours, If I see it visually, its easy to understand and also saves time for me.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As you say , If smart class rooms were encouraged all kids and students will enable to understand the working of the existing principles but they cant create new ideas. This smart classes has its own benefits and losses. It can help the kids who were experiencing difficulty in understanding would benefit from this but there should be a limit or regulation on which should be showed and which should be not showed. Some subjects needs to be left to children to imagine the situation and they should not miss what we had enjoyed in our child hood days.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    aarthivg
    For example, Instead of reading big big paragraph of working principle of 2 stoke or four stoke engine for two -three hours, If I see it visually, its easy to understand and also saves time for me.
    One must understand that reading is IMPORTANT. It's not enough that one understands - one should be able to explain, write and communicate the same to others. That's why reading and writing have always been important to explain abstract concepts which can't be visualised (think relativity or quantum mechanics). That's why we use script today rather than glyphs which were used by early civilizations.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nest Labs, the Home automation company, has today released their latest product called Nest Protest - a smoke detector and alarm system, that is really smart. The Nest Protect is...
PLEASE DISTINGUISH SUBMERGED WELDING OVER MIG & TIG WELDING.
We know that India's development can be truly attained only by enriching the children right from the childhood from the school itself. We can't drastically change the situation and it...
The makers of the talked about Aakash tablets seem to be on a roll and now have unveiled three new budget Android tablets for the festive season. All the tablets...
HTC India, the Taiwanese handset maker, has today launched HTC Desire 500 priced at Rs. 21,490 in India. This mid-range handset has a nice set of specifications and features on...