Will Microsoft launch Surface Pro 2 in India? If yes, at what price?

Microsoft's Surface tablet cum laptop looks to be a nice piece of hardware. The Surface Pro 2 is equipped with Haswell processor from Intel - the same processor that powers the new Macbook Air 2013. As a result, the Surface Pro 2 has longer battery life than the pro model. I'm curious to know whether Microsoft will launch it in India and if it does, what'd be the price?

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Well, my guess No, It wont launch these tablets in India.
    The reason :
    Price.
    The US prices start from $449 (28,100 INR) for the RT version base model and prices of Surface Pro 2 with at $899 (56,263 INR) and go up to $1,799 (112,589 INR). Now that is quite expensive for a tablet.
    While the RT version (Surface 2) has limited functionality The Surface Pro 2 how ever gives you the full Windows 8.1 experience but here is the catch, People can get laptops at around Rs. 40000 - Rs 45000 thousand that are more powerful than the Surface. Plus the Surface misses out on a dedicated graphics card that most youngsters require to play high end game. Finally small size display. In a country where we say "Bada Hai Toh Behetar Hai" (The Bigger The Better) a small 10 inch screen will not be preferred.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If I were to buy a tablet today and had bucks to spend, I'd prefer Surface Pro 2 over any other similar tablets, including iPad. I think Surface Pro 2 eliminates the drawbacks of the tablets and adds the portability factor to laptops. I'm not sure of the usability though. Would definitely love to try it out though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The sales figures of the initial tablet offerings from Microsoft were quite disastrous, but it is now found a way to make the tablets popular by offering higher specs and...
Hi Ceans, does facebook pay for likes? Is it true? If it's then how? 😉
I am not going in detail, as I would love if any VoiCEan covers this article ASAP! So, Valve announced Linux based free Operating System called SteamOS (Which will be...
Pretext I was participating in Perceptual Computing Challenge Phase II. It all started on July 9th and exactly after 75 days, it finally ended today. These 75 days were special...
The buzz this news has created amoung Linux Lovers is sure to give you goosebumps. Valve, the entertainment software and technology company, best known for bringing the immensely popular games...