Will Goal Line Technology help stopping goal like Lampard's 2010??

England midfielder Frank Lampard's infamous un-allowed goal against Germany in FIFA world cup 2010 has raised some questions for the manual decisions vs inclusion of Goal line technologies. At half time England and Germany could have been at 2-2; They were not and the score was 2-1 in favor of Germany as Referee disallowed the Lampard's goal. Since then there were enormous discussion on the topic and finally The International Football Association Board (IFAB) has approved the use of goal-line technology (GLT) in football matches after a nine-month testing period.

In a statement from IFAB, "a final installation test at each stadium was required before the systems could be used in “real” football matches"

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tripura is all set to set-up an Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Bodhjungnagar. The identified location for the proposed institute in Bodhjungnagar, is some 25 km from state...
It asks me to write something about myself. Well, I'm pretty excited to be here in this forum. I want to meet just anyone who wants to. Anyway, here it...
hei..i just finished my civil engineering degree...here i would like to share with you guys about our field....
if we want to get a passport what are all the required things ?(i mean birth certificates like that ..) can we get it easily if we apply through our...
Hello CEans, I'm quite pleased to find this platform online. I'm an Engineer with an inclination in Electrical/Instrumentation. I am self employed and currently a M.Eng student in Power Systems...