Will gaps in education affect my career?

Hi,
This is Sonali,you guys are doing great job its really helpgul for students.i also have query regarding my career . i am persuing BE(computer engineering) and have 2 yr gap in TE and 1 yr gap at the time of diploma,i got 83% in last year computer engineering diploma and got 56% in 7th sem of degree,so
1)is there any hopes to got well opportunity in software engineering or in java developement?
2) also will gaps get affect to my career?
3)will you recommend any certification course related java which will helpful in mnc?
4)what are the entry level jobs for do job as software engineer?
please help?

Replies

• StudentCorner
    StudentCorner
    I am pursuing BE(Computer engineering) from pune university..please do rply
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    StudentCorner
    i am persuing BE(computer engineering) and have 2 yr gap in TE and 1 yr gap at the time of diploma
    You haven't mentioned the reason behind these gaps. Where these because of any unavoidable circumstances? You will have to tell us the reason. If it's too personal or something that you don't want to share, it's okay. It's likely that the interviewers will ask you the reasons.

StudentCorner
    1)is there any hopes to got well opportunity in software engineering or in java developement?
    Yes, all you need to worry about is 'entry' into the IT world; after which your academic record does not matter. You might want to start with a company that offers you job based upon your existing skills-set and not academic performance. But in order to get such jobs, you will have to get an advance certification in Java and build a small portfolio of projects which you can demo to potential recruiters.

StudentCorner
    2) also will gaps get affect to my career?
    It'd be a barrier only for the entry into the IT world. Once you get ~2 years of experience, academic performance should NOT matter at all.

StudentCorner
    3)will you recommend any certification course related java which will helpful in mnc?
    Dreaming of MNC is good; but you should rather look to get into MNC only after ~2-4 years of experience and building your skills-set and updating your resume with real experience.

StudentCorner
    4)what are the entry level jobs for do job as software engineer?
    please help?
    Not sure what you're asking. You might want to apply to companies using job portals or via walk-ins. If your college has T&P department, you might want to get in touch with them for upcoming opportunities.
  • StudentCorner
    StudentCorner
    Thank you so much Sir, its very helpful information for me andits 2 year gap due to mathematics engineering3 backlogs.
    and my last question was i want to work as software engineer or java developer in to IT company..so
    1)what should I do for it?
    2)and where do i start from?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    StudentCorner
    1)what should I do for it?
    2)and where do i start from?
    Start learning Java and find open source projects on the Internet to contribute to - so that you can actually get hands on knowledge of the programming language. Any recruiter would definitely love more real life experience than simply theoretical knowledge that most candidates would bring to the table.

Also aim for advance Java certification. At the same time, you will have to concentrate on your academic performance for the rest of the semesters and also prepare for aptitude and interviews. You'll get plenty of help at every step from our fellow engineers here on CrazyEngineers. All the best!
  • StudentCorner
    StudentCorner
    Thank you so much!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On the occasion of turning 10, it seems that Twitter has decided to bring some changes in the way it works. The first of its change is that on 15th...
Hi all, I am currently working in an organization, at the time of accepting the offer I have signed 2 years bond, In that they have mentioned like if the...
Can someone please help with a research topic under Mechanization or soil and water engineering or Power systems engineering. I,m a third year Agricultural engineering student in Ghana. Thanks very...
American smartphone manufacturer InFocus has launched the most affordable Android Marshmallow smartphone in India. The InFocus Bingo 10 will be sold exclusively on SnapDeal starting from today at a price...
Inspired by the magnificent Batmobile, engineers from Cornell University have manufactured a hybrid material that exhibits the stiffness of a metal or the softness of rubber as per requirement. The...