CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberDec 16, 2013

I have to ask a small doubt here.Is there any chance of building a phone without a power button?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 16, 2013

That's an interesting question. Leaving it open to discussion for all our electronics enthusiasts.
    Cancel
  • Shailaja Tiwari

MemberDec 16, 2013

I love the noise of mechanical buttons.so i would hardly prefer touchscreen only gadgets...
    Any way those typing noise of buttons sometimes report that i have good typing speed now...😛
    Cancel
  • Ativerc

MemberDec 16, 2013

I think mechanical buttons are necessary because they provide tactile feedback which confirms that a button has been pressed/data has been sent(to the PC/device). But the feedback mechanism of a touchscreen depends on the device's computing/processing power and how many processes it has in the background. If this feedback is too slow the user usually loses patience. And in critical situations mechanical buttons will always be preferred over touchscreens.

As for me. Mechanical buttons and touchscreens are useful. Both have their pros and cons.
    Cancel
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberDec 18, 2013

How about only Gestures and Voice ☕
    With Google now you can call people, open app set alarm and almost everything on phone.
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I have to ask a small doubt here.Is there any chance of building a phone without a power button?
    My monitor does this, Touch button power😉
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberDec 18, 2013

Anoop Kumar
    How about only Gestures and Voice ☕
    With Google now you can call people, open app set alarm and almost everything on phone.

My monitor does this, Touch button power😉
    Please post a photo of it.I am talking about cell phone or a tab .
    A video would be appreciated .Sorry if it is difficult .I would love to see the working
    Cancel
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberDec 18, 2013

I am just #-Link-Snipped-#, Power button can be from touch panel.
    If you know about MotoX, it can wake up can take command just by voice only.
    It's not out of reach to have devices without physical button.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register